Senior attackman Brian Thompson scored three goals, including the game-winner in the third overtime session, to lead No. 3 seed Catonsville over host and No. 2 seed Franklin, 8-7 in a Class 4A-3A Region II semifinal game yesterday.
The Comets will meet No. 1 seed North County for the regional title next week. North County defeated fourth-seed Southwestern, 25-3, in the other regional semifinal.
* Loch Raven 12, Overlea 1: Mike Muneses and Scott Hand scored four goals each as visiting and No. 3 seed Loch Raven exploded for 10 second-half goals to defeat No. 2 seed Overlea (7-4) in a Class 2A-1A, Region III quarterfinal. The Raiders (8-3) advance to the regional title game at top-seeded Towson, which defeated fourth-seeded Pikesville, 21-0, in the other regional semifinal. Loch Raven lost to Towson, 22-3, in the regular season.
* Hereford 18, North Harford 16: No. 2 seed Hereford (9-3) trailed by six going into the fourth quarter, then outscored North Harford 10-2, with Jamie Bateman scoring three of his six goals. Matt Swift scored the go-ahead goal with 3:17 left to put the Bulls ahead 17-16, and Greg Breeback added the insurance goal off an assist from Drew Parker with less than 1:30 remaining.
* Perry Hall 15, Parkville 1: Attackmen Mike Faith scored five goals and had two assists and Jeff Taylor added four and five assists, leading No. 15 and top seed Perry Hall (13-0) past Parkville (7-5) in a Class 4A-3A, Region III semifinal.
* Oakland Mills 8, Liberty 7: Shannon Hiteschew led Oakland Mills (12-3) with four goals as the third seeded Scorpions rallied with four goals in the final period of regulation to defeat No. 2 seed Liberty in a Class 2A-1A, Region I semifinal. Liberty (7-6) shut out Oakland Mills in the third quarter to take 7-4 lead.
* Cambridge-South Dorchester 8, Forest Park 6: Visiting and No. 4 seed Vikings (6-8) jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the first quarter and held on to beat the No. 1 seed Foresters (10-3) in a Class 2A, Region II semifinal. James Heath scored three goals for Forest Park.
* Towson 21, Pikesville 0: Junior attackman Dan Ross scored three of his four goals in a 11 goal first quarter as No. 6 and top-seed Towson (10-0, 10-0) shutout Pikesville in a Baltimore County Class 2A-1A, Region III semifinal. Ross added two assists to his totals.
* Severna Park 17, Southern-B 3: Senior attackman Dave Livingston, junior attackman Rob Bates, and sophomore attackman Mark Frye each scored three goals to share top-scoring honors as No. 3 seed Severna Park (10-4) defeated host and No. 2 seed Southern of Baltimore (9-2) in a Class 4A-3A, Region IV semifinal at Swann Park. Severna Park will play Broadneck for the regional championship next week.
* Broadneck 10, Annapolis 9: Senior attackman Matt Ploss scored five goals, including the game-winner less than two minutes into the fourth quarter, to lead Broadneck (13-1) over Annapolis (8-5) in a Class 4A-3A, Region IV semifinal. Broadneck will face Severna Park in the regional final.
* North County 25, Southwestern 3: Greg Sabo had six goals and three assists and Andy Mocarsky had three goals and eight assists to lead No. 1 seed and 13th-ranked North County (14-1) past Southwestern.
* Dulaney 16, City 3: Junior attackman Dan Sherwood scored four goals and had five assists and junior attackman Chris Kappala added three goals as No. 9 and third-seeded Dulaney (10-2) defeated No. 2 seed City, in a Class 4A-3A, Region III semifinal. The Lions advance to next week's regional championship game against Perry Hall, which beat Parkville, 21-0.