Preakness festivities continue throughout the weekend, celebrating today's 118th running at Pimlico Race Course for the second jewel in Thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown. Here's what's happening today and tomorrow:
* 118th Preakness Stakes, at Pimlico Race Course. Gates to the infield open at 8:30 a.m., with post time approximately 5:30 p.m. Infield admission $18. (410) 542-9400.
* Championship Rodeo, 7 p.m. today and 2 p.m. tomorrow, Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds, Crownsville. Admission $8. (410) 757-6387.
* New Windsor May Day, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. at New Windsor Fireman's Carnival Grounds, Carroll County. (410) 775-2585.
* 10th Annual Bluefish Tournament, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and tomorrow on the Chesapeake Bay. Admission. (410) 768-8666.
* Fort Detrick Armed Forces Day, 8 a.m. to midnight, Fort Detrick in Frederick, including 9:15 p.m. fireworks. (301) 619-2018.
* Fort Detrick Juried Art Show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Fort Detrick in Frederick. (301) 619-2018.
* Colonial Highland Gathering, Fair Hill Grounds in Fair Hill, Cecil County. Admission. (302) 475-8499.
* National Pike Festival, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. tomorrow along U.S. Route 40 in Clear Spring, Funkstown and Boonsboro, in Washington and Frederick counties. (301) 791-3130.
* Johnsville Ruritan Club Antique Engine and Tractor Show, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. tomorrow in Johnsville Ruritan Park on Route 75, Frederick County. (301) 898-7419.
* Cecil Days in May, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and tomorrow, Old Mills, Cecil County. (301) 994-1510.
* Civil War Living History Demonstrations, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and tomorrow at Jonathon Hager House and Museum, Hagerstown. (301) 739-8393.
* Days in May Festival Parade, 10 a.m. on Ocean Pines Parkway, Ocean Pines, Worcester County. (410) 641-5306.
* Heart of the Shore Ethnic and Folklife Festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Spring Valley, Cambridge, Dorchester County. (410) 267-7619.
* Springfest, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels, Talbot County. Admission. (410) 745-2916.
* Wine in the Woods . . . A Celebration of Tastes, 11 a.m. to 5 today and tomorrow in Symphony Woods, Columbia. Admission. (410) 313-2762.
* Cinco de Mayo Festival, noon at the Stray Cat Cafe, McHenry, Garrett County. (301) 387-7440.
* 11th annual Italian Festival, noon to 9:30 p.m. in Heritage Park, Dundalk. (410) 282-4414.
* Old-Fashioned May Festival and Carriage Driving Show, noon to 5 p.m. today and tomorrow, Steppingstone Museum, Havre de Grace. Admission. (410) 939-2299.
* St. James Jazzfest, 7 p.m., Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Baltimore, featuring Shirley Horn. Admission. (410) 462-4438.
* Walk for the Animals, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Quiet Waters Park, Annapolis. (410) 268-4388.
* 1993 Spring Heat, 9 a.m. at University of Maryland Baltimore County, a bike ride to benefit Maryland Special Olympics. Admission. (410) 931-4100.
* Post Preakness Party 5K, 9 a.m. to noon, a foot race from the Bennett Institute at Children's Hospital, Greenspring Avenue in Baltimore, to benefit handicapped children. Admission. (410) 669-2015.
* Arbutus Arts Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on East Drive, Arbutus. (410) 719-0064.
* 1993 Great Strides Walk to Cure Cystic Fibrosis, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oregon Ridge Park, Cockeysville. Admission. (410) 771-9000.
* 6th annual Preakness Auction and Champagne Luncheon, noon at Harbor Court Hotel, Baltimore, to benefit Baltimore Association of Retarded Citizens. Admission $35. (410) 323-5600.
* Baltimore Public Works Museum Open House, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the museum, on the Inner Harbor. (410) 396-5565.
* A Tasting at the Station, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Greenspring Station, Lutherville, a wine-tasting event. Admission. (410) 837-7150.
* Sunday in the Park at Saks, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Saks Fifth Avenue, Owings Mills Mall, a western theme event. Admission. (410) 363-7200.