Road near school to get left-turn signal
The State Highway Administration will add a left-turn signal near Glen Burnie High School to help control increased traffic there.
The signal will be for left turns from Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard onto Amberly Road, where there is a light.
The work, which will cost about $2,000, will be done by mid-July, said Valerie Burnette, SHA spokeswoman.
* Glen Burnie: Burglars broke into a home in the 100 block of 5th Ave. between 11 p.m. Monday and 7 p.m. Tuesday. Police do not know what was taken.
* Glen Burnie: Computer equipment worth $500 was taken from the Seal-Tite Co. in the 800 block of Crain Highway Tuesday or Wednesday.
* Glen Burnie: A shoplifter stole a television set valued at $180 from the McCroy's store in the 7300 block of Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard Tuesday.
* Glen Burnie: Burglars stole a video cassette recorder and $370 from the Glen Burnie News and Video store in the 600 block of Crain Highway between 10 p.m. Tuesday and 9:45 a.m. Wednesday.
* Glen Burnie: Burglars smashed the front window of the Mr. Mattress store in the 6300 block of Ritchie Highway at 8:05 a.m. Wednesday to steal a mattress and box spring valued at $1,000.