* The Gallorette Handicap, 1 p.m., Pimlico Race Course, a $100,000 stakes race. Admission $3 and $5. (410) 542-9400.
* Preakness Celebration Media Crab Derby, 1 p.m., Lexington Market. Local broadcast and print personalities sponsor their favorite bluefins in the scuttle for the black-eyed Susans. Free. (410) 685-6169.
* Triple Crown Ball sponsored by GTECH, 7 p.m., Hyatt Regency Hotel, to benefit the Frank De Francis Chair at the Father Sellinger School of Business at Loyola College. Tickets $250. (410) 617-2408.
* Preakness Night at Wurlitzer's, 5 p.m. to midnight, Hunt Valley Inn. Proceeds to benefit the 1994 Miss Preakness Pageant Scholarship Fund. Admission $1 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.; $2 after 8 p.m. (410) 785-7000.
* Preakness Night at the Comedy Factory, 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. shows at the club, at Light and Lombard streets, Baltimore, featuring headliner Rich Ramirez and five regional comics. Proceeds benefit United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland. Admission $10; must be 21. (410) 244-5233.
* Baltimore's Preakness Talent Showcase, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Harborplace Amphitheatre. Winners from previous week's auditions perform at this new event, which takes the place of the Preakness Parade. Free. (410) 837-4636.
* Bethesda Metro Center Preakness Eve Dance Party, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the plaza of the Metro subway stop at Old Georgetown Road and Wisconsin Avenue, Montgomery County, featuring the band Fabulous Fantoms. Free admission and free parking at nearby Hyatt Hotel. (301) 652-4988.
* Phillips Preakness Crab-Picking Contest, noon to 2 p.m., Harborplace Amphitheatre. Local celebrities match their crustacean-cracking skills. Free. (410) 332-4191.
* 19th annual Frederick Craft Fair, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Frederick County Fairgrounds. Admission. (717) 369-4810.
* 30th annual YMCA Circle Promenade, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, State Circle and Lawyer's Mall, Annapolis. (410) 268-5093.
* U.S. Piping Foundation Championship, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fair Hill Grounds, Fair Hill, Cecil County. Admission. (302) 731-5101.
* Community Jubilee, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Carroll County Farm Museum, Westminster. Admission. (410) 848-7775.
* Early Times Dixie Handicap and Black-eyed Susan Stakes, 1 p.m., Pimlico Race Course. Admission. (410) 542-9400.
* St. Pius X Church and School Carnival, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, 6428 York Road, Towson. (410) 377-7440.