* SHOOTING: Western District -- A resident of the 700 block of N. Monroe St. was in the 1800 block of N. Bentalou St. Monday afternoon when he heard several gunshots and began to run. Moments later, the man felt a pain in his left leg and realized he had been shot. He was taken to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center for treatment.
* CUTTING: Western District -- Police were seeking a 16-year-old boy who cut a resident of the 1500 block of N. Fulton Ave. in the right arm with a knife near the victim's home Monday night. The victim was taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center for treatment.
* BURGLARY/ARREST: Eastern District -- Police arrested a man and were holding him in custody at the station pending charges that he entered a house in the 900 block of N. Caroline St. Monday night with the intent to steal property. Nothing was taken and police were seeking a second suspect.
* BURGLARY: Eastern District -- Someone entered a house in the 700 block of N. Montford Ave. Sunday through the front door and stole a video game, two game cartridges, a watch, jewelry and cash, all valued at nearly $400.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone entered a house in the 4200 block of Pimlico Road through a rear door Sunday and stole property valued at $300.
* SHOOTING: Southwestern District -- A 34-year-old resident of the first block of Brubar Court in Baltimore County is listed in serious but stable condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital after being shot in the hip and stomach as he sat in a parked car in the 1700 block of Bloomingdale Road about 10 p.m. Sunday.
* ARSON/ARREST: Northern District -- Police arrested and charged Michael Shahid, 39, with setting at least three fires on the second and third floors of the house he owns and lives in in the 5000 block of Ivanhoe Ave. The fires were set about 9:20 a.m. Monday and were extinguished in less than 30 minutes by firefighters. Several residents were safely evacuated, and police knew of no motive for the fires. Mr. Shahid is being held at the Northeastern District lockup in lieu of $50,000 bond pending a bail review hearing.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- An employee of the Rainbow Shop in the 3200 block of Greenmount Ave. was about to make a night deposit at the Maryland National Bank branch in the 3300 block of Greenmount Ave. Monday morning when two men robbed him of two bank bags containing an undisclosed sum of money.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Police were seeking two men who entered Sunny's Surplus in the 3100 block of Greenmount Ave. Monday morning after breaking the front window; they stole several pieces of clothing.
* SCHOOL BURGLARY: Northern District -- At least one classroom was ransacked when someone entered the Winston Middle School in the 1100 block of Winston Ave. over the weekend.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Stereo equipment, a video camera, VCR tapes, clothing and a 13-inch television set, all valued at more than $3,300, were stolen from a house in the 3900 block of Elm Ave. over the weekend by someone who entered through a rear basement door.
* SCHOOL BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered the Walter P. Carter Center & School in the 800 block of W. 43rd St. Sunday afternoon through a ground-level window and ransacked a classroom looking for property of value or money.
* ROBBERY: Central District -- An out-of-state resident was in the 300 block of E. Baltimore St. Monday night when a gunman robbed him of $300. The robbery occurred three blocks from the police station.
* STOLEN CAR/ARRESTS: Central District -- A 1993 Pontiac owned by Alamo car rentals at Baltimore-Washington International Airport that was stolen this weekend was spotted in the 200 block of Madison St. by police Saturday afternoon and its two teen-age occupants were arrested.
* STOLEN MOTORCYCLE FOUND: White Marsh District -- A 1988 Honda motorcycle valued at nearly $4,000 was stolen between Sunday night and Monday morning from the 100 block of Aspenwood Way. Monday evening, police found the abandoned motorcycle at Philadelphia Road and Rossville Boulevard.
* STOLEN CAR: Woodlawn District-- A burgundy and silver 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z-24 with Maryland plates AHT307 and valued at $8,000 was stolen Sunday from the 1100 block of St. Agnes Lane.