* The following have been elected to the board of trustees of the Johns Hopkins medical institutions:
* Robert J. Blendon, a graduate of the Hopkins School of Public Health and Mental Hygiene and chairman of the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard University School of Public Health.
* Alvin B. Krongard, vice chairman and chief executive officer of Alex. Brown & Sons Inc.
* Diana G. Motz, Maryland Court of Special Appeals since 1991 and an attorney for more than 12 years.
* Christian H. Poindexter, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Baltimore Gas and ELectric Co. and a trustee of the Johns Hopkins University.
* Donald J. Shepard, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer of AEGON USA, a Baltimore-based holding company owning insurance and insurance-related companies formerly known as Life Investors Inc.
Mayer Handelman, P.D., president of Woodhaven Institutional Services, has been chosen to serve on the Long-Term Care Standing Committee for the National Association Representing Independent Retail Pharmacies (NARD).
* MICROS Systems, Inc. of Beltsville, has signed an agreement with T.G.I. Friday's of Addison, Texas, to install MICROS 2700 Touchscreen Hospitality Management System in over 160 T.G.I Friday's restaurants worldwide. The purchase agreement has a value of over $5 million.
* Weinberg Harris & Associates Inc. has acquired the following new clients: the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel; YMCA of Greater Baltimore; SCM Chemicals and Game Day, a local baseball magazine that is sold outside Oriole Park at Camden Station.
* Legg Mason Inc. announced that Bob van den Berg, Doug Velnosky and Fred Yoder of its Hunt Valley office were named to the firm's President's Council for outstanding client service.