A three-run triple in the seventh by sophomore Rusty Miller (1-for-3) rallied Cardinal Gibbons (5-11, 4-8) to a 5-4 upset of No. 2 Calvert Hall in a Maryland Scholastic Association A Conference game yesterday.
Junior Rocky Keener (1-for-4) led off the seventh with a single but was forced at second by sophomore Josh Wilkerson (2-for-4). Calvert Hall's Brian Matz walked senior Danny Catholic (2-for-3) and was relieved by Larry Marino. Senior Dmitri Dickerson (2-for-4) singled to center to load the bases. Junior Kevin Dukes singled to score one run and set up the game winning play.
Senior right-hander Carl Baker (3-3) pitched a complete game, giving up eight hits, four runs and three walks. He struck out three.
* Catonsville 8, Dundalk 2: Junior catcher Johnny Kolarek had two of Catonsville's three hits and drove in four runs as the Comets (6-6, 6-6) defeated visiting Dundalk in a Baltimore County 4A-3A League game.
* Owings Mills 19, Milford Mill 3: Senior right fielder Paul Saperstein went 4-for-5 with 5 RBI and a home run as host Owings Mills (9-4, 9-4) defeated Milford Mill in five innings in a Baltimore County 2A-1A League game.
* John Carroll 4, Bel Air 2: Junior right fielder Dan Gradishar went 3-for-4 with a RBI and senior third baseman Troy Walter homered in the fourth to lead John Carroll (11-3, 4-2) past Bel Air in a Harford County League game.
* Howard 11, Oakland Mills 7: Freshman catcher Frank Tortella and senior center fielder Jamie Kendrick each went 2-for-3, leading host Howard (1-13, 1-9) to its first victory of the season, over Oakland Mills in a Howard County League game.
* C. Milton Wright 9, Harford Tech 1: Junior catcher Dan Angelini went 3-for-5 with two RBI and junior right-hander Jeff Schwartz took a perfect game into the last innning to lead No. 15 C. Milton Wright (8-4, 4-2) past Harford Tech in a Harford County League game. Schwartz, who had 11 strikeouts, gave up a leadoff triple in the last inning and finished with a one-hitter.
* Mount Carmel 15, Mervo 6: Freshman right fielder Dan Giddings went 4-for-5 with four RBI, leading Mount Carmel (10-6, 7-3) past Mervo.
* Randallstown 11-15, Franklin 3-0: Host Randallstown (7-6, 7-7) completed its sweep of Franklin (4-9, 4-9) in a Baltimore County 4A-3A League doubleheader as senior right-hander Nick Burns (2-3) pitched a complete game, striking out eight. In the second game, sophomore right-hander Shiloh Merwitz (3-1) pitched three-hitter.
* Fallston 6, Aberdeen 4: Junior right-hander Dave Adam (3-0) pitched 8 1/3 innings, gave up eight hits and four runs and struck out seven as visiting Fallston (14-2, 7-0) clinched at least a tie for first in Harford County League by defeating Aberdeen in nine innings.
Adam's two-run homer in the sixth tied the game 3-3, and junior Shawn Matthia (1-for-5) doubled in the ninth to score the go-ahead run.
* Southern-BC 11, Carver 2: Sophomore right-hander Ken Tolodziecki (4-1) pitched six innings of two-hit ball and struck out seven as Southern-BC (11-2, 11-1) defeated Carver (7-3, 7-3) in a City-Wide 3A-1A game. Tolodziecki (1-for-3) homered in the fourth to lead a five-run rally.
* North Harford 7, Joppatowne 0: Senior right-hander Scott Smith pitched a three-hitter, striking out five, and junior designated hitter Scott McMillan went 2-for-3 with two RBI, leading host North Harford (8-6, 3-3) past Joppatowne in a Harford County League contest.
* EVT 5, Dulaney 1: Tom McNair homered run in the third inning to lead EVT (9-3) past visiting Dulaney.
* Parkville 16, Woodlawn 2: Matt Battaglia hit a grand slam in the sixth inning to lead host Parkville (4-9) past Woodlawn.
* Broadneck 1, Queen Anne's 0: Steve DePaul's RBI single in the ninth inning scored catcher Todd Bramble as Broadneck (7-7) beat Queen Anne's. Sean Ryan pitched a four-hitter for the Bruins.