Early bird tickets for Baltimore’s BEST party on sale now!

Man gets life without parole in killings in bank holdup BALTIMORE COUNTY


Benjamin Franklin Boisseau Jr., one of two robbers involved in a Randallstown bank holdup in which two female employees were killed, got the maximum sentence in Baltimore County Circuit Court yesterday -- four life terms, plus 100 years.

Two of the life sentences are without the possibility of parole. They are for the murders of Dorothy Juanita Langmead, 44, and Anastasia "Stacy" George, 51, who were shot to death while they lay face down during the Oct. 26 robbery of the Farmers Bank & Trust Co. in the 9800 block of Liberty Road. Two other bank employees were wounded.

Judge Dana M. Levitz added that while it may be "redundant," Boisseau must serve the life sentences consecutively.

Although Boisseau did not do the shooting, the judge rejected his plea that he had no idea the women would be harmed.

"No, he didn't pull the trigger," Judge Levitz said. "But without him, these crimes could not have occurred. And for that, he bears the responsibility."

Echoing the words of a prosecutor and of Boisseau's own attorney, the judge called the shootings of four women who lay helpless on the floor of the bank's vault "senseless" and "horrific."

Michael Langmead, husband of Mrs. Langmead, said he was "pleased beyond a doubt" with the sentence. "I couldn't ask for more."

He said he also was glad to hear that Boisseau, 23, likely will serve his time in the SuperMax wing of the Maryland Penitentiary. Prisoners there spend spend 23 hours a day in their cells.

Cindy Thomas, 21, who was shot in the face and sustained a broken jaw, also was pleased.

Still, she said, "it can't bring back the lives of Dottie or Stacy. [They] weren't just co-workers to me. They were friends."

Barbara Mitchell Aldrich, manager of the bank's branch in

Randallstown, said she appreciated Judge Levitz's remarks that Boisseau was just as responsible for the shootings as the man accused of firing the shots, Louis Hill III.

"He was there," she said, speaking of Boisseau. "He could have stopped it. He was a large man. . . . There was no fight put up. He never said anything. I was there. I remember everything that went on."

At his trial in March, Boisseau claimed he didn't know Mr. Hill planned to shoot the women.

"I was shocked," he told the jury. "I didn't know what was going on. I was terrified. I was scared, and I didn't want [Mr. Hill] to see that I was scared. I was afraid he was going to shoot me."

Boisseau, formerly of the 3100 block of Clifton Ave., and Mr. Hill, of Rodgers Forge, were arrested minutes after the shootings.

Yesterday, prosecutors said Mr. Hill has asked for a change of venue for his trial on charges including first-degree murder. Because he faces a possible death sentence, the request will be granted.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad