* Accountants on Call, a financial and accounting personnel placement firm, named Sharon Lynne Hoffman branch manager of the Baltimore office.
* Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Central Maryland Inc. named Larry G. Rank executive director. * Alexander & Alexander, an insurance brokerage in Baltimore, named A. Thomas Pedroni Jr. assistant vice president, Health Care Services.
* Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver, a law firm in Baltimore, appointed Matthew J. De Marco associate in the New York office.
* Semmes, Bowen & Semmes, a regional law firm, appointed Frank S. Jones Jr. partner.
* Wolpoff & Co., a Baltimore-based accounting and consulting firm, named Roy L. Eisenstadt manager, Management of Consulting. * Fairway Insurance Inc. in Towson named Charles G. Breck vice president and Laura J. Aldrich commercial lines service
representative and office coordinator/manager.
* Ferris, Baker Watts Inc., a Washington-based stockbrokerage, named John F. Kunkel senior vice president.
* Mercantile-Safe Deposit and Trust Co. in Baltimore appointed the following vice presidents: John D. Ballman, Deposit Products Department; David L. Donabedian, Director of Financial Markets Research; Harold E. Hamil, Personnel Department; and Regina A. Kahoe, Affiliate Bank Special Projects.
* Henning & Cole Therapy Associates, a regional physical, speech and occupational therapy practice, appointed Becky F. Layton staff physical therapist.
* Howard County General Hospital Inc. in Columbia promoted Steven S. Cohen to executive vice president and chief operating officer, and Pamela G. Karwan to assistant vice president for Public Relations and Marketing.