Aberdeen man, 32, held in stabbing
A 32-year-old Aberdeen man is being held in lieu of $20,000 bond in connection with the stabbing of a another man over money, police say.
Aaron Stanley surrendered to Sheriff's deputies Thursday and was arrested on charges of assault with intent to murder and assault and battery. Bail was set at $50,000 but reduced at a bond review hearing Friday.
The incident began at 6:50 p.m. Wednesday, police said, when officers responding to a call from the first block of Aberdeen Avenue in the Swan Meadows development found 29-year-old William Collins with a stab wound in the chest.
The victim told police that he had been stabbed after an argument.
2 arrested in theft of power tools
Sheriff's deputies arrested two men stemming from the Feb. 22 theft of more than $13,000 worth of hand and power tools from Central Atlantic Contractors in Aberdeen.
Charged with breaking and entering and theft of more than $300 were David Wayne Jones, 25, of Joppa and Joseph Ellis Hensley, 32, of Aberdeen.
6* The tools were recovered, police said.
Palonia trees felled at gravel company site
Havre de Grace police are searching for someone who cut down several Palonia trees between March 10 and 21 on the property of ArundelSand & Gravel Co. in the 900 block of Quarry Road.
Thieves also damaged a section of fencing and a gate, police said.
:. The theft and damage was valued at $5,500.
* 700 block of Bel Air Road: Theft at business on March 13 of four tires and wheels. Loss valued at $1,900.
* 4000 block of Paddrick Road: Theft at residence on March 15 of air compressor and toolbox. Loss valued at $1,000.
* 1900 block of Pulaski Highway: Breaking and entering at market on March 12. Damage to windows and cigarette case and theft of cigarettes. Loss valued at $4,822.
* 1800 block of Pulaski Highway: Theft at business on March 11 of baseball cards. Loss valued at $34.
* 2700 Bel Air Road: Breaking and entering at business on March 13. Theft of camera, license plates, television and 1979 Cadillac. Damage to safe, desk and window. Loss valued at $1,780.
* 1300 block of McDermott Road: Damage to vehicle windows on March 16. Theft of stereo equipment, speakers, CB, VCR, tapes, CD player and tachometer. Loss valued at $1,780.