* Brendan Bellotte, Annapolis, Sr., defenseman -- Bellotte is a four-year starter who adds speed, strength and knowledge on defense.
* Joe Bender, Northeast, Jr., goalie -- Northeast coach Kevin Buckley says he has found a "Steve Gorski clone" in Bender. Gorski was an All-Metro performer for the Eagles last season, and if Bender even slightly can resemble him, Northeast's defense will prosper.
* Jeremiah David, Northeast, Soph., attackman -- David, who scored 12 goals as a freshman, is expected to anchor the young attack.
* Dudley Dixon, Severn, Sr., attackman -- Dixon missed all of last season with a knee injury but he proved during his sophomore year that he can be an impact player.
* Alex Irmler, Broadneck, Sr., defenseman -- A first-team all-county selection, Irmler may be the county's most talented close defender.
* David LaChapelle, Severn, Sr., defenseman -- LaChapelle has been a starter the past two seasons, and it will be his duty this season to contain the opposing team's top attackman.
* Andy Mocarsky, North County, Sr., attackman -- A fourth-year starter for the Knights, Mocarsky is the county's leading returning scorer, having 31 goals and 41 assists last season. With college recruiters lurking, look for him to post similar numbers in his senior season.
* Shawn Moyer, North County, Sr., midfielder -- Moyer, who had nine goals and 24 assists last season, begins his fourth-year as a starter for the Knights. His leadership on and off the field and experience could be the difference in the postseason.
* Mike Ogden, Meade, Sr., midfielder -- Ogden, a four-year starter for the Mustangs, is coming off a year in which he produced 31 goals and 23 assists.
* Sam Peterson, Broadneck, Sr., goalie -- Peterson allowed only 4.8 goals per game last season, and that number should drop this spring from the county's premier keeper.
* Kevin Reichardt, St. Mary's, Sr., midfielder -- Reichardt can do it all and he may have to this season for the Saints. He scored 19 goals last season.
* Greg Sabo, North County, Sr., attackman -- Sabo is a third-year starter for the Knights with a knack for finding the net or the open man. His 33 goals and 34 assists last season ranked among the county's best.
* Ian Stevenson, North County, Soph., attackman -- Stevenson netted 27 goals and added nine assists as a freshman. Look for him to take the pressure off Mocarsky and Sabo, who could face some gimmick defenses.
* Dan Wolf, Archbishop Spalding, Sr., attackman -- Wolf, who scored a team-high 34 goals and 14 assists last season, anchors an experienced attack.