* Andrew Ballinger, Mount Hebron, Sr., attack -- Ballinger was a key on offense last year, scoring 30 goals and adding 22 assists. He might be the league's premier attackman this spring.
* Matt DeMontaigne, Glenelg, Sr., midfielder -- DeMontaigne will anchor the team. He was a solid faceoff man last year, when he also scored 19 goals and had 10 assists.
* Shannon Hiteshew, Oakland Mills, Sr., midfielder -- He had 19 goals and a team-high 10 assists on a team that won just three games last year. If the Scorpions experience a turnaround this spring, Hiteshew will be in the middle of it.
* Will Hong, Centennial, Sr., goalie -- Hong recorded 132 saves and had a .650 save percentage. He should provide stability to a young defensive unit.
* Werner Krueger, Centennial, Sr., midfielder -- Krueger, an all-county player last year, is headed to Johns Hopkins. He led the team in ground balls, scored a team-high 32 goals and dished out 15 assists, second on the team.
* Tommy Lea, Hammond, Sr., midfielder -- Lea, who is headed for Towson State on a lacrosse scholarship, might be the best player in the county. An all-county selection last spring, he led the Bears to the playoffs with a team-high 32 assists and was second on the team with 40 goals.
* Matt LeBlanc, Oakland Mills, Sr., goalie -- Another solid player who got lost in last season's frustration, LeBlanc had a terrific year. He had a .730 save percentage.
* Clay Shifflett, Mount Hebron, Sr., midfielder -- Shifflett was an unheralded contributor to Hebron's county championship last year, and he might become the Vikings' best performer this spring. He was second last year with 99 ground balls and added 13 goals and three assists.
* Mike Allan, Gilman, Jr., attack -- Allan, who had 18 goals and 27 assists last season, is the Greyhounds' top returning point-getter.
* Greg Breeback, Hereford, Sr., attack -- A brilliant finisher, Breeback is a left-hander who rolled up 115 points last year for the run-and-gun Bulls.
* Mark Cornes, Gilman, Jr., midfielder -- A hard-hitting, honorable-mention All-Metro selection last season, he will lead the Greyhounds in transition.
* John Cusson, Loyola, Sr., attack -- Cusson, who had eight goals and 10 assists last year, is a feeder and very creative.
* Spencer Deering, Friends, Sr., attack -- This balanced scorer (30 goals, 33 assists last year) was the MSA BB Conference Player of the Year for the conference champ.
* Pat Doyle, St. Paul's, Sr., defense -- A second-team All-Metro pick, this 6-foot-3, 215-pound player will take his aggressive skills to Duke this fall.
* Bill Evans, Loyola, Sr., midfield/attack -- This second-team All-Metro pick enters the year with 58 career goals and 16 career assists. He is headed for Johns Hopkins and was an All-American last year.
* Michael Ford, Towson, Sr., attack -- This do-it-all All-American is an excellent shooter and passer who scored 102 points last year for the 2A-1A state champion.
* Sean Gaiser, Mount St. Joseph, Sr., goalie -- A three-year starter with finely honed anticipatory skills, Gaiser is looking to cap a glorious final season before heading to Loyola College.
* Pete Hilgartner, Calvert Hall, Sr., attack -- An honorable-mention All-Metro pick, Hilgartner (20 goals, 20 assists) will play lacrosse for the University of Maryland next spring.
* Mac McCulloch, St. Paul's, Sr., defense -- This 6-1, 210-pound honorable mention All-Metro pick is a mobile player who is headed for Johns Hopkins.
* Jason Miller, Franklin, Sr., midfield -- The Indians' scoring leader last year with 21 goals and 18 assists, Miller combines stickwork, speed and game sense.
* Matt Proutt, Boys' Latin, Sr., midfield -- An honorable-mention All-Metro pick with 16 goals and five assists, he is one of three returning starters for the MSA A Conference runner-up.
* Kevin Reichardt, St. Mary's, Sr., midfielder -- Reichardt can do it all and he may have to this season for the Saints. He scored 19 goals last season.
* Andy Sharretts, Boys' Latin, Sr., midfield -- This 6-1, 180-pound honorable-mention All-Metro pick is the top returning scorer (10 goals, 17 assists) from last year's team.
* Greg Stark, Calvert Hall, Jr., midfield -- A second-team All-Metro pick and the top scorer for the Cardinals last season.
* Ben Strutt, St. Paul's, Sr., midfield -- An honorable-mention All-Metro pick, Strutt (13 goals, eight assists) is headed for Princeton to play lacrosse.
* Michael Watson, St. Paul's, Sr., attack -- This first-team All-Metro pick and All-American is headed for Virginia after scoring 49 goals and 23 assists last year for the two-time MSA A Conference champion.
* Dan Wolf, Spalding, Sr., attackman -- Wolf, who scored a team-high 34 goals and 14 assists last season, anchors an experienced Spalding attack.