4 men, girl charged in drug bust
The Carroll County Narcotics Task Force arrested four men and a juvenile on drug charges Friday in a raid on a Sullivan Avenue apartment in Westminster.
Police seized about 4 ounces of marijuana, eight plants, drug paraphernalia and a 1986 Ford Escort.
The entry was led by a Westminster City Police SWAT Team. Officers reported they smelled burning marijuana and found several people smoking the drug.
Jess Allen Maggard, 20, a resident of the apartment, was charged with manufacturing marijuana, possession with intent to distribute, and possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. He was held in the Carroll County Detention Center on $50,000 bond.
Also charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia were:
* Ronald Lee Collins Jr., 19, of Sykesville, held at the Detention Center on $20,000 bond.
* Michael Alan Terry, 18, of Finksburg, who was released on his own recognizance.
* Jonathan Scott Eyler, 19, of Owings Mills, released Saturday on $1,000 bond.
* An unidentified 17-year-old female, who was released into the custody of a parent.
* Westminster: Units from Westminster and Reese responded at 11:23 p.m. Saturday to a chimney fire on East Main Street. Units were out one hour.
Westminster and Reese firefighters responded to an alarm on Memorial Drive at 8:25 a.m. Saturday. They were out for 18 minutes.
Units from Westminster investigated a call on Baltimore Boulevard at 9:38 a.m. Saturday but were back in service in five minutes.
Firefighters from New Windsor assisted Westminster with a chimney fire on Palmer Drive at 8:22 p.m. Friday. They were out 30 minutes.