An 8-5 victory over Arbutus last Sunday made Harundale the winner of the annual Linthicum-Ferndale Youth Athletic Association 5-6 year-old Invitational Basketball Tournament at Linthicum Elementary School.
The championship game was tied at 4-4 at halftime before Jonathan Jackson and Savannah Kahler combined for four unanswered points in the fourth quarter to lead Harundale to its fourth victory in three days.
Jackson led all scorers with four points, followed by Kahler and Robbie Lovett with two points apiece.
James Happel and Timmy Frisch scored two each for Arbutus, and teammate Michael Rinehart had two rebounds and one assist.
In the third-place consolation game, Crofton defeated LFYAA, 12-2.
Shane Rollins led the way for Crofton with four points, followed by Alexia Roy, Billy Hanczaryk, Ricky Moreland and Alex Moore with two points each.
Danny Klemkowski scored the lone basket for LFYAA on an assist from Armond Citroni (two rebounds).
* 8-10 girls: Two points each by Lisa Conti, Nicole Barr and Lauren Frazer helped Cape St. Claire I nip the Severn Stormers, 6-5, in a Glen Burnie League contest Saturday.
Renee Pineda led the Stormers (3-3) offensively with three points. She also had three rebounds, two blocks and two steals. Lindsey Harris added two points, four rebounds, four steals and an assist for the victors.
Regina Jones pulled down a team-high six rebounds and blocked two shots. Cassie Kauffman helped out on the boards with five rebounds.
* 8-10 boys: In Michael Adams league action, David Williams recorded 13 points, four rebounds, two steals and a blocked shot to lead the Severn Dream Team over the Glen Burnie Rebels, 22-13.
T. C. Henson had five points to go with two steals and a rebound. Duke Dailey had four rebounds and two steals and Travis Holmgren had two steals and a rebound. Louis Benson chipped in with two points, two rebounds and two steals.
Other contributors included Feltrin Davis Jr. (three assists, three steals and a rebound), Daron Pashell (four steals and an assist), Eric Comocho (four steals and a rebound), Brian Tokarcik (one steal and one rebound).
Anthony Montgomery led the Rebels with five points, followed by Jason Scroggins and Kevin Hommock with three and two points, respectively.
* 14-and-under boys: Twelve members of the Severn Running Rebels reached the scoring column in a 57-20 victory over the Glen Burnie Rebels in Saturday's Tom Gugliotta league game.
Antwan Smith led the attack with 12 points and five rebounds, followed by Justin Patton's 11 points, nine rebounds and two assists. Jason Bennett (two rebounds) and Jurrell Mathews each had five points.
Michael Burns (five assists), Evan Williamson (three rebounds), Chris Moreauand Charles Ellis had four points each and Patrick Owens (two rebounds), Rashon Patterson, Paul Nesbitt and Alan Redd had two points each.
Severn kept the Rebels scoreless during the fourth quarter and forced 20 turnovers in the contest.
* 14-17 boys: The Severn Warriors (4-3) boosted their record over the .500 mark with a 43-28 win over David Robinson league foe East Glen Burnie last Sunday.
Jeremy Martin had 12 points, 10 rebounds and two blocked shots for the winners. TeRah Hendricks and Jeff Green added seven each.
Ashon Nelson had five points and Davin Garrett added four, two of which came on a slam-dunk. Derek Mileaf and Brent Alfalla had two points apiece.
Michael Dello-Russo's four goals helped lift the Pasadena Sparks under-10 boys indoor soccer team to a 12-1 victory over the Brooklyn Park Clippers last weekend at Myers Pavilion in Brooklyn.
Eddie Dolch recorded a hat trick for Pasadena and teammate Billy Coursey chipped in two goals. Nick Hurd, Adam Frashure and Britt Mitchell rounded out the scoring for the Sparks with a goal each.
Keeper Tom Ruszin had a busy day in the net and was credited with 32 saves.
Thirteen teams from around the county took part in the Anne Arundel County Junior Wrestling Tournament last weekend at South River High.
Among the teams competing in the two-day tournament were Arden, Crofton Red and Crofton Black, Navy Gold and Navy Black, United Youth Council Blue and UYC White, the Buccaneers, Mountain Road Optimist Blue and MRO Silver, the Raiders, Cape St. Claire and Severn Athletic Club.
MRO Blue won the team competition with 318 points, followed by runner-up Crofton Black (306), third-place Navy Black (178 1/2 ) and the fourth-place Raiders (109).
The top four wrestlers in each weight class will represent the county in the Maryland State Junior Wrestling Tournament to be conducted Saturday and Sunday at the University of Maryland.
The following are the results of final and consolation-round matches:
* 50 -- Lee Trohanis of Crofton Black pinned runner-up Ryan Hoffman of the Bucs in 1:50.
* 55 -- Mike Guino of the Bucs pinned Billy Grove of MRO Blue in 2:55, and Richard Vazquez of Cape St. Claire defeated Adele Sheldon of SAC, 10-7, for third place.
* 60 -- County champ Nick Alley of Crofton Black pinned Robert Byrd of the Raiders in 2:55, and Mike Dave of MRO Blue defeated Mike Dowling of UYC White, 16-8.
* 65 -- Steve Hall of MRO Blue pinned Noyl Meyers of Navy Black in :30 for the county title, and Ryan Louder of Crofton Black defeated Tim Delaney of Navy Gold, 4-2, for third place.
* 70 -- Pat Ortman of Crofton Black pinned Josh Boyd of MRO Blue in 33 seconds, and Matt Pandullo of SAC defeated Dan Hemminger of Navy Black, 2-0.
* 75 -- Ryan Howard of MRO Blue defeated Steve Gills of Crofton Black, 8-0, and Tony Carson of MRO Silver defeated Joe Selba of the Bucs, 15-0.
* 80 -- Mike Levasseur of MRO Blue pinned Matt Brandl of Crofton Black in 3:20 for the championship. David Sullivan of SAC defeated Andrew Nicholson of Navy Black, 16-0.
* 85 -- Ben Helbig of MRO Blue defeated Wesley Muhl of the Radiers, 2-0, for the title, and Andrew Hemminger of Navy Black defeated Kevin Angelif of Crofton Red, 9-4.
* 90 -- Justin Beeler of Crofton Black defeated teammate Brian Schroeder, 3-2, and Brad Russell of UYC Blue defeated Matt Ormsby of Navy Black, 6-3.
* 95 -- Carl Cicchetti III of Raiders pinned Gid Lukens of Navy Black in 1:45, and Eddie Phipps of UYC Blue pinned Doug Gills of UYC Blue in 1:28.
* 100 -- Chris Brown of Navy Black beat Brian Appleby of MRO Blue, 6-3, and Todd Ryan of Crofton Black pinned Brendan Ganning of Crofton Red, 3:25.
* 107 -- Dennis Gills of Crofton Black defeated Jason Bordeaux of Crofton Black, 11-5, and third-place finisher Mike Schaal defeated Bryant McKean of Arden, 10-0.
* 115 -- Lonnie Donner of MRO Blue defeated Julian Tai of Navy Black, 19-8, and Brady McIntire of Crofton Black pinned Peter Ludlum in 2:07.
* 122 -- Corey White of MRO Blue pinned Rob Bookhammer of MRO Blue in 3:42, and Cade Reedy of Navy Black pinned John Smith of UYC White in 3:40.
* 130 -- Dan Kachura of Crofton Black defeated Robert Marsh of the Raiders, 10-3, and Jake Helbig of MRO Blue pinned Jason Zdun of Navy Black, 2:33.
* 137 -- Pat McGrath of Crofton Black pinned Jon Rober ofo Arden in 1:58, and Jason Olinghouse of the Bucs took third.
* 145 -- Isaac Haertel of Crofton Black pinned Andy Grieb of MRO Blue in 1:10, and Rich Sampson of MRO Silver defeated Matt Sciacco of Navy Gold, 16-2.
Larry Thompson's game-high 18 points lifted the Mayflower (5-1) to a 43-34 victory over Plaza Liquors last weekend at Old Mill High.
Rip Salmon paced Plaza Liquors (1-5) with 15 points.
In other league action, Sam Grunkle's 14-point effort helped P.J. Subs to a 45-35 win over McDermott's.
Cookie Nash led McDermott's (5-1) with 12 points.