The Carroll County YMCA in Westminster is offering registration for the following spring programs:
* Youth baseball: for boys and girls 5-10 beginning April 3 at the Westminster YMCA and Carrolltowne Elementary School in Eldersburg. Times are 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. for ages 5 and 6; 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. for ages 7 and 8; and 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for ages 9 and 10.
The cost is $10 for YMCA members; $34 for nonmembers. Registration deadline is March 27.
* Summer camp: early registration for all summer camp sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 13 at the YMCA and at Carrolltowne Mall in Eldersburg.
A nonrefundable $25 deposit is required to reserve a space, with the balance due two weeks prior to the beginning of the camp. There is a $10 discount on all camps paid in full by March 31.
Camp dates are June 21-July 2, July 5-16, July 19-30, Aug. 2-13 and Aug. 16-27. Five co-ed camps are available. Camps are held weekdays only for two weeks.
Live Y'ers is for kindergarten through grade 1 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the YMCA. The cost is $160, and youth or family membership is required.
Camp Beaver Run for grades 1-5 is from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Piney Run Park. The cost is $160.
Y's Guys for grades 1-5 is from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the YMCA. The cost is $160, and youth or family membership is required.
Adventure Camp is for grades 6-9 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the YMCA. This new camp includes activities geared toward the middle schooler, including movies, special tours, sports, amusement parks and more. The cost is $180, and youth or family membership is required. Transportation is provided from Westminster to Piney Run Park for activities.
Leader's Camp is for grades 6-11 and is geared toward providing leadership skills for teens. Participants also work with younger day-camp groups. The cost is $160, including transportation from the Westminster YMCA to Piney Run. Youth or family membership is required.
* YMCA swim lessons: the spring II session includes lessons for children from 6 months to 12 years, as well as adults. Private lessons and adult group lessons are available.
Classes start the first week of March for eight weeks. Participants must be YMCA members. Youth memberships are $80 for one year. Memberships include access to the pool each day for recreational swimming.
* Lifeguard training: class begins March 16 for eight weeks from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays or 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sundays. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $85 for nonmembers.
Participants must pass a swimming test in the first class, be at least 16 years old, and have certification in community CPR and standard first aid by the completion of the class.
* Lifesaving/lifeguarding: The class is designed to teach water safety skills and lifesaving skills. Participants will be certified lifeguards upon completion. All participants must be at least 16 years old, pass an eligibility water test the first day, and have FTC community CPR and standard first aid certificates. Classes are from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sundays at the YMCA starting March 16. Enrollment is limited; early registration is advised. Information: 848-3660.