Parents will get the opportunity to hear from the people who help shape policy at Belle Grove Elementary School during a freewheeling panel discussion tomorrow at 7 p.m.
The program, part of the PTA meeting, will cover a range of topics, from attendance to recognizing students' needs to special education. A question and answer period will follow.
Panel members are: Gwen Atkinson, reading specialist; Janet Torres, guidance counselor; Michael Nuth, child psychologist; Leslie Moeller, speech and language pathologist; Margaret Collins, pupil personnel worker; Chris Schwarzmann, special education teacher; and Gloria Reid, administrator.
Children of parents who attend the meeting will receive a treat.
The PTA executive board will meet at 6 p.m.
* Fifth-graders will visit the Jugbay Wetlands Sanctuary tomorrow to study the ecosystems of the marshlands and forests.
* The Young Americans Theatre will present "A Rose in No Man's Land," a play about Red Cross founder Clara Barton, at 1 p.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend and to bring morning kindergarten students.
* Class pictures will be taken Friday.
Brooklyn Park Elementary School news: Second-grade students will visit the Rose Hill Manor historical site Friday to supplement their studies of early settlers.
Park Elementary School news: Welcome to Sue Cramblitt, the new school secretary, and Lynn Braswell, who will be assisting in the fifth grade.
* Third-graders are taking an overnight trip to Arlington Echo today and tomorrow. Students will study nature and learn outdoor skills.
fTC * Everyone is invited to join the Park Reading Olympics. Students are asked to read a minimum of 60 minutes a week and turn in their signed Olympic cards on Thursdays.
Brooklyn Park/Lindale Middle Junior High School news: There will be a student/faculty basketball game at 2:45 p.m. on Thursday for students with 10 attendance coupons.
North County High School news: Several students have been selected for the All-County Jazz Ensemble when it performs at 3 p.m. Sunday at Meade High School.
Congratulations to: Selena Wood, bass; Todd Kelch, alto sax; Mike Holy, tenor sax; Gary Nesselroad and N'Dinga Gaba, trombones.
Admission to the concert is $2 a person.
* The sophomore class will sponsor a "soccer volleyball" game between the faculty and the Baltimore Spirit professional soccer team at 7 p.m., March 16 in the gym. To keep the game competitive and interesting, the Spirit players will not be allowed to use their hands to knock the ball over the net.
Tickets are $3 a person and can be purchased at the door. Children 10 years old and younger are free.
Brooklyn Park schools would like to thank everyone in the community who contributed to the Giant "Apples for the Students" program. All of the Giant receipts received were greatly appreciated. If you have any receipts at home, please turn them in as soon as possible so they can be counted toward equipment purchases.
The Belle Grove Improvement Association will have its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Belle Grove Elementary School.
A member of the county Police Department's "Bikes on Patrol" will speak about the program and its benefit to the community. Everyone is invited.
Dues for 1993 are payable now and are $5 a household.
St. Rose of Lima Catholic School, 410 Jeffrey St., will sponsor a fund-raising art auction Saturday.
Bidders can view the art beginning at 7 p.m.; the auction starts at 8 p.m.
Admission includes wine, hors d'oeuvres and door prizes. For tickets or information, call 355-2402 or 355-1050.
If you graduated from Brooklyn Park High School in 1982 or 1983, you are invited to attend your class reunion.
This event will take place May 22 and May 23. The weekend begins with dinner and dancing from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, May 22, at LaFontaine Bleu. Tickets are $30 a person and include a hot buffet and open bar.
For more information or tickets, call Kerrie (Hudson) Zimmerman at 789-3679, or Laura VanMeter at 768-6708.