* Naval Surface Warfare Center in Arnold named Jim Scott director of public affairs.
* Rukert Terminals Corp., a marine terminal and waterfront warehouse in Baltimore, promoted John L. Coulter to vice president.
* The Burkhardt Group Inc., a Baltimore-based sales and sales management consulting firm, named Michael Zaruba partner and Jody Martin sales associate.
* Drake Beam Morin Inc., a counseling, training and organizational consulting company in Baltimore, named Gay Fogarty vice president.
* KCI Technologies Inc., a Baltimore-based engineering consulting firm, promoted Tim Donohue to vice president and named Randall W. Poston associate vice president.
* Ecological Restoration and Management Inc., a Towson-based ecological restoration construction and land management company, appointed Harrison Smith field supervisor.
* Daft-McCune-Walker Inc., a land planning, landscape architecture, engineering and surveying company in Towson, appointed Sissi P. Foster project manager.
* Custom Telemarketing Services Inc. in Columbia announced the following promotions: Norma McDiar mid to account manager; Julie Kringen to senior telemarketing service representative; Elizabeth Loys to senior telemarketing service representative; Marcella Hydock to administrative/account manager; Cynthia Sorrell to training/senior account manager; and Diana Dickey to national accounts manager.
* Butler Paper in Upper Marlboro appointed John J. "Jack" McDonald sales manager, fine paper, Baltimore/Washington division.
* C&P; Telephone Co. of Maryland appointed Charles E. Moore Jr. controller.
* Information Resource Engineering Inc., a provider of network security products in Baltimore, named Robert Schultz sales representative.
* Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade, an inn in Baltimore, named Amy Muller sales manager.
* Janssen Pharmaceutica, based in Titusville, N.J., appointed Grant Williams III Baltimore district sales representative.
* KCI Technologies Inc., a Baltimore-based engineering consulting firm, promoted Alan Mlinarchik to senior associate.
* The National Aquarium in Baltimore named Stephanie Ulrich assistant director of retail operations/gift shop.
* Kirschner Medical Corp. in Timonium named Roger Van Broeck vice president of the Orthopaedic Division.
* Chardan Inc. named Greg Campbell and Ray Bartlett to the Maryland Party Rental and Sales division.
* R. E. Michel Co., a Baltimore-based distributor of air-conditioning, heating and refrigeration products, named Vince Castano to the Hicksville, N.Y., branch; Mike Biggs to the Lafayette, Ind., branch; Lou Abruzzese to the Fairmount Avenue and Hunting Park, Pa., branches; John Carney to the Fairmount Avenue and Philadelphia branches; and Bob Peters to the Providence, R.I., branch. * Wolpoff & Co., a Baltimore-based accounting and consulting firm, named Sam D. Monbo manager.
* Fidelity and Deposit Co. of Maryland elected Wayne B. Walbrecher vice president. * KLNB Management Services, the property management division of Kayne/Levin/Neilson/Bavar Realtors, named Howard W. Smedley Jr. property manager.
* Casey & Associates Inc., a regional commercial and industrial firm, named Matthew Ryan Jr. senior vice president.
* Winchester Commercial, a division of Winchester Homes Inc., named David Meiners development manager and promoted Diane O'Connell to controller/director of asset management and Elie Maalouf to director of development.
On the board
* Legg Mason Inc. named Edward I. O'Brien to the board of directors. Mr. O'Brien recently retired as president of the Securities Industry Association. * Henning & Cole Therapy Associates in Baltimore named Mindy S. Rockwood occupational therapist at Good Samaritan Hospital and Mary T. Bogardy occupational therapist at Edenwald Retirement Center.
* Baltimore County General Hospital in Randallstown named Dr. Ludovico Bengson chief of anesthesiology and Linda C. Huffman head nurse of the oncology unit.
* Mt. Washington Pediatric Health System Inc. in Baltimore promoted Gregory B. Wiegel Jr. to senior vice president for finance and administration.
Advertising and PR
* Callahan & Co., an advertising and graphic design firm in Baltimore, named Joan Stinchfield director of marketing and business development.