Melissa Reynolds and Summer Nugent each scored eight points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lift the Arnold Heat 13-14 girls basketball team to a 28-4 win over GARCI on Saturday.
Becky Shank added six points and seven steals for the Heat, and Jessica Gaither and Amanda Cook added four and two points, respectively.
Arnold will play St. John's at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Magothy Middle School.
* 10-12 girls -- The Arnold Heat 10-12 girls team defeated the Davidsonville Gators, 29-6, on Saturday.
Jenny Butterwei led the way for Arnold with 10 points, and backcourt-mate Kim Lawton chipped in seven points and 10 rebounds.
The Heat will take on Cape St. Claire at 9 a.m. Saturday at Central Middle School.
* 8-10 girls -- The Severn Stormers scored four points in the final quarter but fell to the Bucs, 10-6, in a Glen Burnie league game Saturday.
Renee Pineda (seven rebounds, three steals and a blocked shot), Regina Jones (three rebounds and a block) and Lindsey Harris (five rebounds, three steals, and one assist) each added two points. All three were named defensive players of the game by the coaching staff.
* 8-10 boys -- A balanced scoring attack boosted the Severn Dream Team (3-0) over Harundale, 35-13, in Michael Adams league action Saturday.
Duke Dailey led the Dream Team with eight points. David Williams had seven points and nine rebounds.
* 10-12 boys -- Steve Spurlin's 12 points helped the Severn Bull dogs beat the GARCI Tarheels, 24-12, in Saturday's Harvey Grant league action.
Travis Taylor and Aaron Scott contributed four points apiece, and Greg Anderson Jr. and Tito Jackson pitched in two each. Spurlin and Jackson provided rebound strength for the Bulldogs, who are 3-0.
* The Severn Magic lost its first game of the season, 29-24, to Lake Shore in a Ricky Pierce league game.
Tom Kelly had a team-high eight points for the 3-1 Magic and Darriel Harris added five. Schirra Gray and Charles Beverly scored four each, and Erin Jacques added a free throw.
* The Harundale Bulls improved their record to 4-0 in the Ricky Pierce League, defeating the Linthicum-Ferndale Yellow Jackets, 45-26.
Larry Robinson scored a game-high 26 points, and teammates Theo Johnson and Phil Conley had eight points apiece.
* 11-13 boys -- The Lakers (8-0) kept their unbeaten record in the Harundale Intramural League intact, beating the Spurs and the Kings over the weekend.
On Sunday, Larry Robinson and David Wineke scored 20 each in the Lakers' 66-12 win over the Kings (4-4). Brooks Slater led the Kings with six points.
The Suns (3-5) defeated the Kings, 55-19, on Saturday, with Billy Volverding leading the Suns with 20 points. Chris Dixon tacked on 19 for the winners. Albert Anderson led the Kings with 10 points.
The Spurs earned their first win of the season on Sunday, beating the Spurs, 29-23. Theo Johnson had 21 for the winners, and Volverding had 14 for the Suns.
* 12-and-under girls -- Maryland City II improved its county record to 2-1 Saturday with a 12-8 victory over Maryland City I.
Maryland City II will face Crofton at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Arundel Middle School.
* 14-and-under boys -- Severn's defense enabled it to turn back Mago Vista, 43-21, in a Tom Gugliotta League game on Saturday.
Michael Burns came off the bench to lead the Running Rebels (3-0) with a game-high 15 points, including four three-pointers. Jason Bennett added 10, and Antwaun Smith and Justin Patton scored nine and five points, respectively.
* 14-17 boys -- Poor foul shooting proved to be the Severn Warriors' (1-2) downfall in a 51-45 loss to ARC in last Sunday's David Robinson league matchup.
Jeremy Martin and D'Andre Heirs were the most potent Warriors with 17 and 15 points, respectively. Ashan Nelson added six points and Jeff Green three. Te-Rah Hendricks and Chris Saulter rounded out the Severn scoring with two each.
* In what winning coach Joe Snowden called a "very good defensive game," Severna Park A (1-2) nipped Maryland City, 39-38, in a David Robinson league game Sunday.
Craig Shanahan scored 13 points and had five rebounds, and Bryce Poland had eight points and four steals.
* Dave Schwab's 10 point, six-rebound outing couldn't keep Severna Park B (0-3) from falling to Meade Village, 36-29, in Sunday's Patrick Ewing League game.
* 14-and-under girls -- The Severna Park Kickers dropped their first game of the season, 4-2 against the Harford United Flash in Friday's Myers Pavilion Friday night league game.
The Kickers (5-1-1) will take on the Soccer Club of Baltimore Friday night at 8.
The Anne Arundel Raiders, Crofton, Mountain Road Optimist and the Severna Park Green Hornets were among 18 junior league wrestling teams competing in last weekend's Dundalk Hawk Invitational Tournament at Dundalk High.
The Green Hornets were the county's highest finisher with fifth place, followed by Mountain Road in 10th, Crofton in 13th and the Raiders in 15th.
Severna Park's Matt Eveleth (95), Crofton's Isaac Haertel (140) and 80-pound Mike Lavasseur of MRO were the only three countians to capture championships in their respective divisions.
Eveleth defeated Eric Schafer, 2-0, then beat county-rival Carl Chiccetti III of the Raiders, 7-2, for the 95-pound title.
Crofton's Nick Alley (60) took fourth and Steve Hall (65) took fifth and Ryan Howard (75) claimed sixth for MRO.
Crofton and the Raiders will compete this weekend in the Kent County Invitational, and MRO will wrestle in the Boys' Latin Tournament in Baltimore. All three teams will attend the Raiders' two-division tournament 10 a.m. Sunday at Marley Middle School.
* The Arden Attackers improved their Capitol Area Wrestling League dual-meet record to 6-0 last week with a 65-9 win over Bull Run.
Recording pins for the Attackers were Tony Cooksey (50 pounds, 1:10), Mike Hermann (95, 2:25) Dave Bryant (111, 1:16) and Ron Cooper (137, 1:24).
Tim Bohlman (50) and Tim Patterson recorded technical falls, and Jason Crawford (115), Jason Heffernan (90), Chris Emerson (80) and Ryan Herwig (70) won by decision for the Attackers.