* National Retinitis Pigmentosa Foundation Inc., based in Baltimore, named Heller An Shapiro director of affiliate management and training.
* Almost Family, a provider of adult day care services, appointed Carole M. Klawanski director of the Lanham facility.
* Manchester Inc., a human resources consulting firm, named Candice D. Mendenhall group vice president, greater Baltimore and Washington region.
* Doubletree Hotels Corp. appointed Frank Leone general manager of the Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, a hotel in Baltimore.
* United Transport Service, a Baltimore-based provider of transportation services, appointed Richard T. Higgins and James R. Miller executive vice presidents.
* Baltimore/Washington International Airport named Deborah E. Weiman manager, cargo development.
* Maryland Motor Truck Association Inc. in Baltimore appointed Kenneth R. Harry director of services.
* Cattail Creek Country Club in Glenwood named Tom Beidleman head PGA golf professional.
* International Paper, Nevamar Division, in Odenton appointed David Gladden to Vitricor product manager.
* Basics and Metro Food Market, based in Randallstown, appointed Susan Murphy assistant vice president of bakery operations.
* Potomac Edison Co. in Hagerstown promoted Steve L. Klick to assistant comptroller and Lucinda Grunberg assistant director, personnel.
* Kayla Advertising, a Columbia-based advertising specialty distributor, appointed Aileen Donovan executive office assistant.
* Thulman Eastern Corp., an Elkridge-based distributor and manufacturer of fireplace products, named Roger Williams sales representative for the Bucks and Montgomery County areas of Pennsylvania.
* Card Establishment Services, a Lutherville-based provider of payment processing services, promoted Frederick J. Swain to vice president and manager of PC Development Systems.
Legal and professional
* Gordon, Feinblatt, Rothman, Hoffberger & Hollander, a regional law firm, named Claire A. Smearman associate, Family Law Department. * First National Bank of Maryland promoted William L. Reuling to vice president, First Maryland Mortgage Corp. * Trahan, Burden & Charles Inc., a Baltimore-based advertising and public relations firm, announced the following appointments: Christine Higgins Goggin and Michele Selby, vice presidents; Jeffrey A. Davis, senior account executive; and James Geoghegan, vice president and corporate media director.
* Image Dynamics Inc., a Baltimore-based public relations and advertising agency, named Jane Powell senior account supervisor.
Kenilworth Equities Ltd., a commercial real estate company in Baltimore, named Laura A. Berger leasing and marketing representative. * The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore named Dr. Kenneth Lee Baughman director of the division of cardiology.
* Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions appointed Dr. William R. Breakey acting director, of the Department of Psychiatry.
* Med-Therapy, a medical and physical therapy center in Baltimore, named Rodney P. MacPhie marketing representative.
* St. Agnes Hospital named Dr. B. Martin Middleton service line clinical director of Ambulatory Care.