Damian Biggs scored 19 points and had 12 rebound yesterday to lead host and No. 17 Centennial (1-0) to a 61-41 victory over No. 15 McDonogh (0-1).
* Glen Burnie 53, Northeast 30: Vernon Osborne scored 13 points and had 11 rebounds and Bill Dykhuis had 11 points and eight rebounds to lead visiting Glen Burnie (1-0, 1-0) over Northeast (0-1, 0-1) in an Anne Arundel County game.
* Chesapeake-AA 52, St. Mary's 43: Ken Findley scored a game-high 30 points, leading host Chesapeake-AA (1-0) past St. Mary's.
* Douglass 60, Mervo 52: Center Troy Luster had 17 points to lead the Ducks (1-0) past the visiting Mustangs (0-1) spoiling Mervo coach Woody Williams' debut.
* Southwestern 62, Eastern of D.C. 53: Wilbert Smith scored 23 points and made three three-point shots and Milton Nickels scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as No. 11 Southwestern (1-0) defeated Eastern of D.C. (0-1).
* Northwestern 81, Northern 78: Andre Crockett scored 26 to help the visiting Wildcats (1-0) beat the Vikings (0-1), spoiling coach Paul Holmes' debut.
* Gibbons 64, Severn 53: Richard Dent had 16 points to lead the sixth-ranked Crusaders (2-2) past the No. 20 Admirals (1-1) in a first round game of the Babe Ruth Classic at Gibbons. Jake Mack had 20 for Severn (1-1). Gibbons will meet St. John's-Prospect Hall tonight in the championship game.
* Mount St. Joseph 49, Aberdeen 42: Junior guard Kenny Krabitz scored 11 points as host Mount St. Joseph (1-0) beat Aberdeen (0-1).
* Walbrook 86, Milford Mill 55: Travon Broadway scored 25 points and Walbrook (1-0) forced 25 turnovers and commited just 10.
* Calvert Hall 48, Bishop Walsh 43: Senior forward Chris Wilson scored 21 points as host Calvert Hall (1-0) downed Bishop Walsh and advanced to today's championship game against LaSalle at 4:30 in the Craig Cromwell Tip-Off Classic.
* LaSalle 45, St. John's 42: Kevin Olender led visiting LaSalle (Philadelphia, Pa.) with 11 points in the opening round of the Craig Cromwell Tip-Off Classic at Calvert Hall.
* Friends 49, Towson 45: Forward Spencer Deering scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds and guard Sean Armstrong scored 13 points and had three steals as Friends (1-1) defeated Towson (0-1).
* Woodlawn 74, EVT 49: Jim Deugley scored 16 points and Tyrone McQueen scored 12 as Woodlawn (1-0) defeated EVT (0-1).
* Perry Hall 72, Catonsville 55: Jeff Burrows scored 18 points and Mark Franklin scored 16 points as Perry Hall (1-0) beat No. 12 Catonsville (0-1). Perry Hall's James Brown and Larry Green each had eight rebounds in the game.
* Dundalk 71, Franklin 58: Senior forward John Satterfield led Dundalk (1-0) with 24 points and sophomore guard Mario Smith added 14. Franklin (0-1) took the lead for the first time in the third quarter 46-45 before Dundalk went on a 26-12 run to take control.
* Hereford 70, North Carroll 46: Senior center forward Dewayne Fowble scored 28-points to lead visiting Hereford (1-0) over North Carroll (0-1).
* Sparrows Point 72, Harford Tech 49: Carnell Damon had 18 points as the Pointers (1-0) beat the Cobras (0-1). Tykell John had 23 points for Harford Tech.
* Parkville 68, Randallstown 63: Bill Garrett had 22 points for the Rams (0-1), who fell short to the Knights.
* Lansdowne 86, Kenwood 77: Shawn Stevens scored 22 and Teon Jones added 20 as host Lansdowne (1-0, 1-0) defeated Kenwood (0-1, 0-1), in a Baltimore County 2A-1A contest.
* Liberty 85, Francis Scott Key 78: Mike Davidson had a game high 29 points, nine steals,collected nine rebounds, two blocked shots, and sank three three-pointers to lead Liberty (1-0) over Francis Scott Key (0-1).
* Hammond 75, South Carroll 49: Kris Jefferson led four of five Hammond starters with 14 points as the Bears downed visiting South Carroll. Jefferson also had seven steals.
* Mount Hebron 62, Fallston 50: Phil Tonkins scored a game high 26 points and teammate Lester Dorsey scored in 15 points to rally Mt. Hebron (1-0) over Fallston (0-1). Dave Adams scored 14 points for Fallston.
* Atholton 42, Bel Air 36, OT: Tommy Gough had 12 points for the Raiders (1-0) as they beat the visiting Bobcats (0-1) in overtime.
* Boys' Latin 69, Heights 60: Senior forward Phil Booker scored 20 points and senior forward Martin Chivers added 12 as Boys' Latin won to advance to today's championship game against Maret (D.C.) in the Heights School Tournament.