C In under-14 girls soccer action, the Fallston Flames clinched the Gold Division of the Baltimore Beltway League with a 2-0 championship win over Hereford last Sunday.
After losing its first game of the season to Towson, the Flames ripped through the league with six consecutive wins, including a 1-0 rematch victory over Towson.
Championship team members were forwards Jenni Castoro, Julie Clark, Allison Fisher and Trisha Orndorff, halfbacks Rhonda Brazier, Erin Chlumsky, Paige McCarthy, Annalise Paaby, Eleni Samaras and Jodi Taylor, fullbacks Brooke Hampton, Kim Jirsa, Suzanne McCurdy, Kim Menckin, Katie Profili and goalkeeper Emily Weibel. Team coaches are Bill Orndorff and Mark Profili.
* The Harford United Flash (23-3-2) moved into the Baltimore Metro Classic Soccer Tournament finals and advanced into the second round of the Brooklyn Park Tournament with three shutout victories.
On Nov. 9, the Flash beat the Sacred Heart Hotshots, 3-0, at Stricker field on goals by Shanna Ziegenfuss (two) and Karen Tiedemann. Haley DeLaurence, Jennifer Kar-- and Danielle Konschak provided assists.
The next day, the Flash defeated the Bel Air Lazers, 2-0, at Patterson Park. Second-half scores by striker Konschak lead the Flash.
In the Brooklyn Park Tournament, the Flash beat the under-16 Severna Park Sockers, 2-0.
Konschak and DeLaurence scored the Flash's goals.
* Joppatowne (8-0-1) won the Baltimore Metro Girls Soccer League championship with a 1-0 victory over Bel Air. Nikki Terzigni scored on a pass from Stacey Buzzell in the second half for the game-winner.
* Under-16: The Greater Harford Soccer Club Thunder rallied from a 1-0 deficit to defeat the Dulaney Soccer Club, 2-1, in Baltimore City League soccer action.
After trailing 1-0 at halftime, the Thunder's Jimmy Baker scored on a header, assisted by Chad Sommers, to tie Dulaney in the second half.
The Thunder won the game in a shootout after a scoreless five-minute overtime.
* Under-14: The St. Stephen's Eagles held off the Hickory Thunder, 2-1, to win the Harford County Recreation Silver Division title.
Pat Dempsey scored both goals for the Eagles with assists from Jimmy Ballard, Dave Petrowsky and Bobby Gelespie.
* Under-12: The Forest Hill Force scored three goals in the second half against Belcamp I for a 3-0 victory in the title game of the under-12 National Soccer League tournament last weekend.
Force team members were Adam Baker, Eric Blom, Bryan Brady, Justin Collins, Anthony Collurafici, Eric Duncan, Mike Duncan, Eric Gardiner, Larry Garrison, Pete Golumbek, Brent Irwin, Pat Jackson, Danny Martin, Justin Mast, Erica Myers, Nick Robinson and Daniel Watts. The team is coached by Bill Duncan and Jack Watts.