Volunteers sought for River Road cleanup project
Volunteers are needed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for a cleanup of River Road in Linthicum.
Local residents organized the cleanup along the Patapsco River, near Patapsco State Park, after the two-lane, wooded road became a dumping ground.
The two-mile road is littered with dozens of discarded tires and piles of trash, old couches and armchairs, rolls of carpet, a baby stroller, a barbecue grill, rusted appliances, even a toilet. Residents have seen junked cars, dishwashers, washers and dryers in the woods along the road.
Following guidelines set by Save Our Streams, residents have recruited help from the Bank and Boat Bassmasters, a Ferndale bass sportfishing club, Patapsco State Park rangers, the state Department of Natural Resources and Boy Scout Troop 447.
Volunteers should wear work boots and gloves. For information, call Pam Haley or Kelli Punti at 859-0344.
Chamber of Commerce announces events
The North Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce announces the following events this month.
* Annual Chamber Retreat, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., today at the Rose Restaurant. Cost is $35 including meals.
* November Networking Night, sponsored by the Anne Arundel County Sun, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday 8131 Ritchie Highway. $6 reservations or $10 at the door.
* Open House, presented by Mailboxes Inc. at its new Lakeshore Plaza Store, 9 a.m. Saturday.
* Open House Christmas Party, sponsored by Send A Friend, Saturday and Sunday. Giveaways, product demonstrations and food. Information: 437-3321.
* Business Exchange Breakfast, 8 a.m. Nov. 24 at La Fontaine Bleu on Ritchie Highway.
For more information concerning these or other activities call 766-8282.
* Linthicum: In the 500 block of Forestview Road Wednesday two bicycles, valued at $190, were stolen.