Frederick Road is closed 10 days for construction
In order to improve and enlarge the intersection at Frederick Road and Centennial Lane in Ellicott City, a segment of Frederick Road was closed yesterday and will be closed for 10 days, from Font Hill Drive on the east to Route 40 on the west.
Motorists are advised to use Plumtree Drive, St. John's Lane or Chatham Road northbound to reach Route 40. Access to local traffic will be allowed in the closed area.
Signs will be posted in the vicinity advising that this segment of Frederick Road will be closed so that work on the intersection can be done as quickly as possible.
Centennial Lane will be widened to five lanes at its intersection with Frederick Road and the road's three traffic lanes and the vertical alignment of Frederick Road will be improved.
* Ellicott City: 9800 block of Route 108: Someone stole a toolbox from a Howard County parks work truck (a white 1991 Chevrolet) on Oct. 15 or 16.
* 12100 block of Etchison Road: Someone broke into a 1991 Jeep Wrangler Tuesday and stole a $600 Alpine AM-FM CD receiver, a $400 power amp and a $300 Impact subwoofer box.
* 3700 block of Grosvenor Drive: Someone tried to force open the sunroof to a 1990 Mercedes 420 SFL Sunday.
* 2700 block of Turf Valley Road: Someone removed 2,000 feet of copper downspouts valued at $2,000 from three sides of the Turf Valley Motel.
* 3500 block of Belfont Drive: Someone damaged a CB antennae and trunk lock covering to a 1983 Chevrolet Caprice Thursday or Friday.
* 2900 block of North Rogers Avenue: Someone unlocked a door Saturday or Monday and stole a bucket with coins and a starter pistol.
* 3100 block of The Oaks Road: Someone smashed a window Monday, ransacked the house and stole several items.
* 1500 block of Marriottsville Road: Someone tried to gain entry to a residence by prying open a window Monday.
* 11700 block of Homewood Road: Someone cut a chain to a storage shed Friday or Monday and stole tools.
* 8900 block of Town and Country Boulevard: Someone tried to steal a 1992 Eagle Talon Monday or Tuesday.
* Elkridge: 7000 block of Montgomery Road: Someone damaged a back door to Elkridge Elementary School Monday or Tuesday.
* 6200 block of Lawyershill Road: Someone threw a can of paint at a dwelling under construction between Friday and Monday.