Would-be robbers foiled by victim's refusal
Two would-be robbers were foiled Friday afternoon when their victim refused to obey them.
The victim, a 30-year-old Crofton man, was outside his car in the Hechinger parking lot on Ritchie Highway about 1 p.m., police said. He was approached by two men who ordered him to get into his car.
The victim refused and a passing police officer scared the two bandits off before they could make another move.
Both men ran toward West Ordinance Road.
Police are hoping Hechinger customers saw the incident and will supply details and a further description.
The first robber was described as a black man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and in his late teens. He was wearing a green sweat shirt, blue jeans and had a gold front tooth.
The second robber is described as a black man, thin, and wearing a black baseball hat.
* Glen Burnie: Vandals broke into a house under construction in the 100 block of Penrod Court Friday at 9:27 p.m. They stole a built-in ironing board and damaged the carpeting and window.
* Glen Burnie: A woman reported to police that someone broke into her home in the 7900 block of Crainmount Drive Thursday sometime between midnight and 7:30 a.m. and stole appliances. The value of the property was not known.
* Glen Burnie: A burglar stole appliances from a home in the 400 block of Summerwind Way Friday. The burglar got into the home by forcing the sliding glass door open.
* Glen Burnie: A woman reported to police that someone broke into her home in the 700 block of Baylor Road Friday between 8:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and stole two tires and rims.
* Glen Burnie: A man reported to police that someone stole all four tires from his 1992 Ford pick-up truck Thursday night while it was parked in the 7600 block of O'Daniel Court.