* Chaney Enterprises, based in Waldorf, has been awarded first place in the safety (Class B) in their 1991 National Safety Contest.
* E. Manny Klein, Trahan Burden & Charles, Inc., has received a Governor's Citation of Excellence for his involvement in the Media-Advertising Partnership for a drug-free Maryland.
* Judith Teisl, a designer at Bowie, was named a local winner in Ethean Allen's circle of excellence award program in recognition of excellence in home design and superior customer service.
* Dr. Paula A. Richard won the chiropractic excellence award at a recent convention. Dr. Richard is the director and principal owner of the Richard Chiropractic Group in Timonium.
* Sanford V. Teplitzky, partner with the law firm of Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver, was elected president of the Baltimore Jewish Council.
* John G. Welby, director of communications for the Johns Hopkins Center for Hearing and Balance and associate director in the Johns Hopkins Center Medical Institutions' office of public affairs, has been named president of the Greater Baltimore chapter of Self Help for Hard of Hearing People Inc.
* Chaselle Inc. was named employer of the year by the Howard County Job Service Employer Committee.
Open for business
* The Fells Point Ding How Chinese Restaurant opened an eatery in the
food court in Westview Mall.
* Good Impression, a commercial and printing company, has moved to the MIE Professional Offices, 9633-Q Liberty Road, Randallstown.
* Transition and Actualization Associates Inc. opened a new Outplacement Center in the Parkway Corporate Center in Hanover in Anne Arundel County.
* The Annapolis Modeling Agency moved its office to Ritchie Highway and Robinson Road, in Severna Park.
* Carla Frank Design has relocated to the Mill Center, 3000 Chestnut Ave./Studio 205.
* Thomas D'Ambrosia, formerly of Standard Register, secured a half-million dollar business forms contract at Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham.
* Noble Steed Associates has been retained by Glauber's Fine Candies, Inc. as the agency of record.
* Cornerstone has been selected to handle marketing and advertising programs for several regional franchise areas of Weight Watchers International.
* The Baltimore Systems Group Ltd. has been hired by UNC Inc. to develop a program that will prepare and assist UNC in the planning, design and implementation of a Corporate Information Technology Strategy.
* Holland Design of Columbia has been hired by Balcor Property Management Inc. to produce print and direct mail advertising for the Westview Mall.