Plans to build 15 houses submitted
A developer wants to build 15 three- and four-bedroom homes on six acres near Freetown.
Ron Shriner said his company, Shriner Associates Inc., has submitted preliminary plans for the project, located in the 7800 block of Spencer Road, north of Freetown Road, to the county Office of Planning and Zoning.
The houses would cost between $110,000 and $130,000, Mr. Shriner said.
The property's zoning would allow construction of up to 30 homes, but the site contains nearly two acres of non-tidal wetlands that cannot be developed.
County planners have scheduled a meeting at 8:45 a.m. Nov. 12 at the Heritage Building, 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, to listen to comments from county agencies on the plans for roads, sidewalks, recreation areas, school capacity and the impact on other public facilities.
The public may also comment.
Pasadena man reports theft of personal stereo
A Pasadena man told county police someone stole a personal stereo from his car parked in front of his home in the 400 block of Riverside Drive.
Michael E. Atkinson, 47, said the thief broke the passenger side window of his 1986 Mazda to get into the car.
* Pasadena: A woman in the first block of W. Pasadena Road reported that someone stole all four wheels from her car Thursday night while it was parked in front of her house.
* Chelsea Beach: Thieves broke into a house in the first block of Magothy Beach Road Thursday night to steal a color television and a videocassette recorder, all valued at $700.
* Freetown: A woman in the 7800 block of Willing Court told police that someone broke into her home Friday and stole her purse and $175.
* Beechwood Park:A 1990 Plymouth Acclaim parked in the 600 block of Pine Drive was broken into Wednesday night.
A radio, calculator and other property were stolen.
* Upper Magothy Beach: An unlocked 1984 Ford parked in front of a home in the 300 block of Riverside Drive was broken into Thursday night. A purse was stolen.