* Department of Planning and Zoning: The Planning Board will have a pre-meeting at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday with the planning staff in the conference room on the first floor of the George Howard Building. At 9:30 a.m. the meeting continues with the following agenda.
Board of Appeals:
* James and Lynda Garrett, variance to reduce the required 30-foot setback to 23 1/2 feet for a two-car garage; west side of Chapel Woods Court.
* Covenant Baptist Church of West Columbia, special exception for the expansion of a religious facility to include a school; intersection of Cedar Fern Court and Cedar Lane.
* Geape II Inc., Special exception for a gasoline service station; Snowden Parkway and Snowden Square Drive.
* James Foster, confirmation of a non-conforming use for a gasoline service station and convenience store; variance reduced the required 75-foot front setback to 7 1/2 feet for a 6-foot-high privacy fence, and to 17 feet for two gasoline pumps; south side of Frederick Road.
* The 10 a.m. meeting will include a discussion with the planning and zoning department about the renaming of Wrentham Lane to Linden Linthicum Lane, as show on tax map 35 located in the 5th District of Howard County.
* W.R. Grace and Co., for approval of a site-development plan for the construction of a pump station and the installation of fire lines and water lines on .9 acres of the 147-acre site. The area proposed for construction is zoned Planned Employment Center.
The site is located on the north side of Guilford Road, about 1,200 feet west of its intersection on Cedar Lane.
* Commission for Women: Meeting takes place at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at 9250 Rumsey Road, Columbia.
* Board of Health: Meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hickory Ridge Center, 10650 Hickory Ridge Road, Columbia.
* Agricultural Preservation: Advisory board meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Hebb House, 12985 Frederick Road, West Friendship.
* Public Works: Board meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Tyson Room of the George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Liquor Board: Meeting at 8 p.m. Tuesday in the Banneker Room, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Cemetery Preservation: Task Force meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, in the Tyson Room, George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Cable Committee: Advisory Committee meets at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Hickory Ridge Center, 10650 Hickory Ridge )) Road, Columbia.
* Zoning Board: Meeting at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Banneker Room, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Human Rights: Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, in the Tyson Room, George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Board of Appeals: Meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Ellicott Room, George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Fire Tax Committee: The county Fire Tax Committee has a public meeting at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Banneker Room, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City.
* Wilde Lake: The board has planned a second meeting for Running Brook residents concerning the proposed Allview/Fairway Hills Golf Course at 6:30 p.m. today at Slayton House. Information: 730-3987.
* Dorsey's Search: The Dorsey's Search Village Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Linden Hall at 4765 Dorsey Hall Drive. Information: 730-4005.
* Town Center: The Town Center Village Board will meet at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Oakland Manor at 5430 Vantage Point Road. Information: 730-4744.
* RAC meets: The Kings Contrivance Resident Architectural Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday at Amhurst House.
* Savage Community Association: The next meeting of the Savage Community Association will be at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Carroll Baldwin Hall, on Baltimore and Foundry streets in Savage. All are welcome to attend this meeting of the SCA board.
If you would like your community association or board meeting and agendas included in the Civic Agenda listings featured each Sunday, please call Jill L. Kubatko at 313-8013 or send agendas to: The Howard County Bureau, 3300 N. Ridge Road, Ellicott City, Md. 21043.