Howard High to celebrate 41st anniversary
Howard High School is set to celebrate its 41st year with a Homecoming Day on Saturday. The festivities will include a parade, the traditional football game and a dance for Howard students.
The parade will depart from the Locust Park Neighborhood Center at 11 a.m. and travel along Tamar Drive to Phelps Luck Drive, then up to Route 108 and east to the high school.
The parade includes floats built by the high school's 1,200 students, the Howard High Band, the elected homecoming court, cheerleaders, flag team and much more.
The highlight of the day is the 1:30 p.m. football game against Hammond High School. Tickets can be purchased at the gate and souvenir T-shirts and refreshments will be available all day at the school
Retired teachers group awards scholarship
The Howard Education Association of Retired Teachers has awarded its first scholarship in the sum of $500 to Megan Claire Hetrick of Mount Hebron High School. Megan plans to pursue a teaching career.
* Ellicott City: 9200 block of Baltimore National Pike: Someone stole a $70 hubcap Friday from a 1986 Chevrolet Caprice parked at the Chatham Mall.
* 3700 block of St. Johns Lane: Someone stole an $800 cellular car phone and an Amoco gas charge card from a 1983 BMW between Saturday and Sunday.
* 3200 block of Sonia Trail: Someone stole a yellow 1991 Chevrolet GEO Tracker from a residential parking lot between Saturday and Sunday.
* 4200 block of Club Court: Someone broke a window to a 1991 Honda CRX and stole a $12 leather purse containing credit cards and $7 cash between Saturday and Sunday.
* 7800 block of Mayfair Circle: Someone stole two 12-inch bicycles valued at $430 total from a porch Sept. 19.
* 4200 block of Hermitage Drive: Someone walked into a back yard Thursday and threw plastic and wooden tables, tomatoes and a tire in a family's pool.
* 8400 block of Baltimore National Pike: Someone scratched the doors to a 1980 Datsun 280ZX while it was parked outside Normandy Lanes Saturday.
* 4100 Brittany Drive: Someone threw a rock at a 1991 Isuzu Rodeo and shattered a side view mirror Friday.
* 10200 block of Tuscany Road: Someone broke out a left-rear passenger door window to a 1984 Chevrolet Caprice between Saturday and Sunday.
* 8700 block of Town and Country Blvd.: On Friday afternoon, two suspects demanded money from a victim. The suspects threw the victim on the ground and took an undisclosed amount of cash from his pockets. Police later charged 18-
year-old Damon Maurice Snowden, of an undetermined address, and an unidentified 17-year-old with robbery.
* 3100 block of Normandy Woods Drive: On Saturday, police charged Jacques Andrea Dorsey, 32, of Baltimore, with breaking into and entering his former girlfriend's home.
* 3000 block of Oak Green Circle: On Friday, someone attempted to steal a 1989 Jeep.
* Elkridge: 6000 block of Rowanberry Drive: On Saturday, someone attempted to steal a 1989 Toyota. A witness saw a red or Burgundy full-size car with a white top leaving in the area.