It's time to start collecting Giant cash register receipts again.
Giant's "Apples for Students" program provides free computers, printers and other educational tools in exchange for the yellow register tapes.
All receipts collected since March 6 are eligible for the program. If you shop at Giant and do not have children in our local schools, please save them and drop them off or mail them to the school of your choice.
Belle Grove Elementary School news: Students will have their first cultural arts program of the year at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow when Mr. Wizard appears to present his program, "Supermarket Science."
First- through third-graders will visit the Meyerhoff on Tuesday to hear the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.
Student photos will be taken on Friday. Students must pay for the photos that day.
Brooklyn Park Elementary School news: It's Christmas shopping time again. The fall fund-raiser has begun and students are selling candies, cookies, wrapping paper, gift items and novelty "troll" items. Get a jump on the holidays and start shopping now.
* Individual photos will be taken on Friday. Students must return their money that day.
* Several classes will take trips this coming week. Today, kindergarten students visit the fire station. Tomorrow, first-graders venture to Green Meadows Farm and third-graders listen to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.
Park Elementary School news: Are you interested in volunteering at a school? Park administrators invite you to their volunteer orientation today in the media room. New volunteers will attend a a.m. briefing and experienced volunteers will have a refresher session immediately following.
Brooklyn Park/Lindale Middle Junior High School news: Don't forget to attend the PTA fund raiser from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at Burger King on Nursery Road. The PTA will receive a percentage of all sales collected during that time.
Treat your family to dinner out and support your school at the same time. Students can register to win a North County T-shirt.
* The PTA is sponsoring its Corbi Pizza fund-raiser. All kits contain enough ingredients for three pizzas. You can choose from cheese, pepperoni, sausage or whole wheat. Prices start at $11.50.
Delivery is on Oct. 31, so order now for your Halloween parties.
North County High School news: The North County Parents Club executive board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by a general meeting at 7:30 p.m. Anyone interested in helping with the craft show, concession stand and bake sales or voting on decisions for the new year are invited to attend.
The officers for the 1992-1993 year are: Cindy Barton, president; Diana Glodek, vice president; Linda Betz, secretary; Pam Wilsey, treasurer; Diane Collins, concessions director; Joyce Malone, fund-raising director; and Rosemary Shomler, publicity director.
* The PTSA will sponsor a flea market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oct. 31 in the cafeteria. Space rentals are $15. If you're interested in renting a space, call 761-3935.
* The band and Band Front encourages everyone to support a fund-raiser from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, at the Burger King on Nursery Road. The groups will receive 20 percent of the cash receipts collected during that time. The money will be used to buy garment bags for band uniforms. The $10 Gold C Coupon Books from the Entertainment Company also will be sold that night.