* The Kemplin Group, a Columbia-based business consulting firm, opened a financial services division. Cynthia Kemplin is president of the firm and director of the new division.
* Thomas Cook Travelrelocated its North Charles Street office in Baltimore to 32 South St. Thomas Cook Currency Services will move to the South St. location early next year.
* Columbia Medical Plan, a member of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Maryland HMO network, opened an office at 10 Hillcrest Drive in Frederick.
* Kaufmann's of Kenilworth Pharmacy in Towson was purchased by Dr. Leon Rosen and Dr. Lance Berkowitz.
* Carey Machinery & Supply Co. Inc. in Baltimore acquired the assets of Kelly Industrial Supply of Baltimore.
* Willis Corroon Administrative Services Corp., Property/Casualty Division, opened a claims office to serve Maryland, Delaware, Washington and Virginia. William Maxwell is claims manager for the office at 5 North Park Drive in Hunt Valley.
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
* H. Richard Waranch, a clinical psychologist, opened a private practice at 3655-B Old Court Road in Baltimore.
* Carib-World Travel opened a travel agency at 1023 N. Charles St. in Baltimore. The company is based in Montserrat in the Caribbean.
* A&R; Development Corp. in Baltimore and Harkins Builders Inc. in Silver Spring are working in a joint venture to design and build a 200-bed dormitory and a dining facility at Morgan State University in Northeast Baltimore.