Police seek robbery suspect
County police are searching for an armed robber who stole an undisclosed amount of money from the Comfort Inn in Savage last week.
At about 5:30 a.m. Thursday, a man wearing a ski mask entered the inn on Washington Boulevard, displayed a handgun and demanded money from the desk clerk, police said.
The clerk complied and handed over an undisclosed amount of money, police said. The robber then fled on foot.
He was described as a black male, 5-foot-9 with a stocky build and wearing a a black sweat shirt, pants and gloves, police said.
Police investigating incident of 'hate bias'
Police are searching for suspects who spray-painted a six-pointed star on windows and a glass front door at a church in Kings Contrivance in Columbia last week.
Police said they are investigating the vandalism as a hate bias incident. Maryland law prohibits acts of prejudice, hate or violence directed against individuals, groups, or institutions because of race, religion or ethnic background.
The six-pointed star with a circle around it and a letter "A" with a circle was sprayed on the South Columbia Baptist Church between 5:30 and 6:40 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Police said they have no leads in the case.
Vandals attack Ellicott City buses
Police are investigating the vandalism of several buses in an Ellicott City parking lot between Sept. 11 and 14.
Vandals broke 26 windows in buses in the parking lot of the West End Service Center, in the 8600 block of Frederick Road, police said. The vandalism caused $500 damage. The vandals apparently used rocks to break the windows, police said.
* Village of Kings Contrivance: 9000 block of Early April Way: A blue 1984 Toyota Celica was stolen between Monday and
Tuesday. The Maryland plates are YLL-671.
7500 block of Rain Flower Way: A 1982 Toyota Supra was stolen between Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon. The car was recovered near the victim's house later Tuesday.
* Village of Owen Brown: 6500 block of Quilting Way: Two 1987 Kawasaki motorcycles were recovered in a field.
* Village of Oakland Mills: 9500 block of Land Breeze Row: A
potential buyer took a white 1991 Yamaha motorcycle Wednesday for a test drive and left a stolen Ford Mustang as collateral. The suspect is described as a white male, 25, 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds. He has brown hair.
9500 block of Land Breeze Row: A 1990 Ford Mustang that was stolen from Arlington, Va. Sept. 1 was recovered Wednesday.
* Town Center: 10300 block of Little Patuxent Parkway: A black 1987 Toyota 4-Runner truck was stolen Wednesday. The Maryland plates are 127661M.
* Village of Long Reach: 9300 block of Rainprint Row: Someone smashed a second story window Thursday and used a ladder to gain entry. Nothing was taken.
* Ellicott City: 4100 block of St. Johns Lane: Someone entered the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Tuesday afternoon and stole lawn equipment from a storage shed.
3100 block of West Springs Drive: A black 1985 Pontiac Fiero was stolen between Monday and Tuesday. The Maryland plates are ZRV-596.
4000 block of Fragile Sail Way: A 1990 Subaru Legacy stolen from Baltimore County was recovered Tuesday.
4300 block of Centennial Lane: A 1983 Chevrolet Z-28 was recovered on the lot of Centennial High School. The vehicle had struck a pole and its engine was running.
3100 Cluster Pines Court: Someone set fire to a spot-a-pot between Sunday and Tuesday.
2800 block of Dana Court: Someone kicked in a door Wednesday and removed an alarm speaker from the wall. The suspect took a TV, VCR, cameras and an undisclosed amount of cash.
* Elkridge: 7100 block of Montgomery Road: Someone pushed a window screen in Tuesday and took some food.
6400 block of Skipton Drive: Someone lifted a slider door between Tuesday and Wednesday and took a purse.
7000 block of Montgomery Road: Last Thursday, it was learned someone pried doors open to Elkridge Elementary School, but ** there was no entry.
* Savage: 8300 block of Lincoln St.: A 1987 Chevrolet Silverado truck was recovered Thursday.
* Lisbon: 1900 Route 94: Someone entered an unlocked shed last weekend and stole a gram scale.
700 block of Lisbon Center Drive: On Wednesday, a suspect in a vehicle approached a woman as she waited in her vehicle outside the Lisbon Center. The suspect then cut her vehicle off and made racial slurs. The suspect was riding in black Ford Bronco.
* West Friendship: 12500 block of Frederick Road: A 1986 white Honda CRX was stolen. 2BG926.
* Jessup: 200 block of Keeton Way: Someone forced entry and took tools last week.