Here is a compilation of the fire...


Here is a compilation of the fire and rescue calls to the dTC Emergency Operations Center.

*Aug. 21: 10:07 p.m., Winfield was out for 22 minutes on a call that an alarm was sounding on Brass Eagle Court.

*Aug. 22: 11:28 a.m., Winfield, Gamber and Westminster were out of service for 37 minutes while they extinguished a garage fire on Henry James Drive.

4:04 p.m., Sykesville, Gamber, Winfield and Lisbon responded to what was thought to be a kitchen fire on Third Avenue. A flash from a newly installed gas stove caused the sprinkler system to activate, and the engines were called in for cleanup.

*Aug. 23: 9:00 p.m., Westminster responded to a woods fire for 33 minutes on Barrow Lane.

*Aug. 24: 7:34 a.m., Hampstead responded to a car fire on state Route 27. They were out of service for 35 minutes.

10:02 a.m., Westminster was called out for a gas leak on Sullivan Avenue.

12:51 p.m., Hampstead and Manchester responded to an alarm sounding on Hanover Pike. They were out for an hour.

2:11 p.m., Westminster, Reese, Pleasant Valley and Manchester were called for a building fire on Shaeffer Avenue. Workers for Omega-Arkay, a company that manufactures photo darkroom equipment, were evacuated when a drum of kerosene ignited. The fire was under control within 10 minutes.

9:38 p.m., Pleasant Valley extinguished a fire on Littlestown Pike.

*Aug. 25

6:36 p.m., Reese was called out for a field fire on Rebecca Drive for 29 minutes.

10:08 p.m., Reese responded to Blackfoot Court for a trash fire. They were out of service for 26 minutes.

*Aug. 26

6:29 a.m., Mount Airy assisted Frederick County at a truck fire on Interstate 70.

10:15 a.m., Westminster, Reese, Gamber and Hampstead were out for a half-hour when they responded to a kitchen fire on Fairfield Avenue.

7:52 p.m., Westminster and Manchester responded to a house fire on Guadelupe Drive. The last unit returned after 30 minutes.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad