This is a weekly summary of selected contracts awarded by the federal government to companies throughout Maryland.
* Westinghouse Electric Corp. in Baltimore won a $733,425 contract from the Air Force to operate and maintain radar.
* Martin Marietta Corp. in Baltimore won a $359,434 contract from the Navy to provide automated missile aiming technology.
* Hazelton Washington Inc. in Rockville won a $253,860 contract from the Army for preclinical toxicology studies of new drugs.
* University of Maryland at Baltimore won a $75,000 contract from the Air Force for research and development studies.
* Halliburton NUS Environmental Corp. in Gaithersburg won a $25,000,000 contract from the Air Force to remove underground and above-ground storage tanks and contaminated soil at various locations in the United States and U.S. Territories where the Air Force has responsibility to participate in cleanup activities.
* Washington Professional Systems in Wheaton won a $4,584,005 contract from the General Services Administration to provide audio and video equipment.
* Gill Marketing Co. in Crofton won a $3,630,000 contract from the General Services Administration for the handling and refrigeration of food.
* Tracor Applied Sciences Inc. in Rockville won a $1,785,589 contract from the Navy to provide systems engineering and support for the signal processors, development, production, and software division.
* Aspen Systems Corp. in Rockville won a $1,220,472 contract from the Department of Education to provide access to the ERIC computer data base.
* ARINC Research Corp. in Annapolis won a $1,500,000 contract from the Air Force to provide engineering services.
* Chaselle Inc. in Columbia won a $1,000,000 contract from the General Services Administration to provide athletic and recreational equipment.
* Motorola, Land Mobile Products Sector in Landover won an $887,159 contract from the Navy to provide Motorola portable radios.
* Peter J. Scarpulla Inc. in Baltimore won a $754,000 contract from the Army to provide a flight control tower at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
* Ragan Companies in Waldorf won a $629,724 contract from the Navy to repair a roof in the Bachelor Officers' Quarters at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division/Naval Air Station.
* C. R. Daniels Inc. in Ellicott City won a $576,662 contract from the Army to provide vehicular equipment components.
* Sylvest Management Systems Corp. in Lanham won a $551,706 contract from the Navy to provide electrostatic color plotters.
* Litton Systems Inc. in College Park won a $549,703 contract from the Navy to provide electrical and electronic equipment components.
* Star Electric Co. Inc. in Severn won a $419,000 contract from the General Services Administration to install energy-efficient lighting.
* Schildt Construction Co. Inc. in Thurmont won a $323,100 contract from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to renovate a building.
* Comsis Corp. in Silver Spring won a $300,361 contract from the Department of Transportation to delineate hazards for older drivers.
* AAI Corp. in Hunt Valley won a $200,031 contract from the Navy to provide technical representative services.
* Managed Health Care Ltd. in Ellicott City won a $187,191 contract from the Phoenix Area Indian Health Service to provide emergency room physician services.
* Elrich Group General Contractors Inc. in Forestville won a $103,477 contract from the Navy to renovate general spaces for inspectors at the Washington Navy Yard.