Edgewood man held on cocaine charge
Errol George Cover of Edgewood was arrested on three outstanding warrants and charged with distribution of cocaine, according to DeWayne Curry, spokesman for the Harford County Joint Narcotics Task Force.
Mr. Cover was taken into custody when members of the Task Force executed a search and seizure warrant at 1930 Eloise Lane in Edgewood.
Police said that cocaine paraphernalia and approximately $922 were seized during the search.
Most-wanted' father seized in Fallston
Robert Lee Hodges Jr., on Harford's list of "Ten Most Wanted" offenders for child support, was arrested at a fast food restaurant in Fallston this week by Harford County sheriff's deputies.
Mr. Hodges, a 36-year-old resident of Delta, Pa., was arrested on a Harford County warrant charging him with failure to comply with a court order.
At the time of his arrest, Mr. Hodges owed $11,000 in delinquent payments, records show.
He is the fourth person of the "Ten Most Wanted" arrested since the inception of the list two months ago.
Murders, robberies rise significantly
A significant increase in murders and robberies takes the luster off figures furnished by the Maryland State Police Uniform Crime Report Division that indicates serious crimes in Harford County have dropped more than 8 percent during the first six months of the year.
The report, which takes into account all crimes reported to police Harford County, showed six murders were reported in the first six months this year compared with none at the same time last year.
Robberies jumped from 32 last year to 57 in the first six months of this year.
According to the report, the five areas showing decreases were larceny, break-ins, rape, arson and motor vehicle thefts. Larcenies decreased from 1,902 last year to 1,764 this year, while break-ins dropped by 83 from last year, 807 to 724. Rapes were down by three, to 20. Arsons fell by four, to 24, and there were 167 cases of motor vehicle thefts this year compared with 234 a year ago.
* Law Street: Willis L. Chancellor, reported the theft of an outboard motor valued at $1,400.
* North Philadelphia Boulevard: Tom's Auto Sales reported malicious destruction to a 1985 Pontiac Firebird, including theft of the hood. Damages $750.
* Battle Avenue: Royall D. Williams reported theft of a stereo system from her vehicle. Value $460.
* 4000 block Philadelphia Road: Mustang Sally's Restaurant, theft of food items and beer. Value $575.
* 1700 block Hawthorn Court: April Kaniecki reported malicious destruction to a vehicle and theft of one license plate. Damages $1,285.
* 1900 block Eloise Lane: Thomas Alexander Williams, theft of cameras and accessories from vehicle. Value $1,580.
* 1700 block Crimson Tree Way: Darlene Roddey Easter reported theft of videocassette recorder, currency, jewelry, dolls and file box from residence. Value $12,745.
* 300 block Martindale Lane: Caroline Krausch reported theft of CD player, cassette player and jewelry from residence. Value $620.
Havre de Grace
* 200 block North Washington St.: Land Services Group Inc. reported theft of entire computer system, two software packages and a calculator valued at $5,295.
* 1200 block Revolution Street: Roy Skrivanek reported malicious destruction to 1989 Cavalier and theft of 25 cassette tapes and a portable radio. Damages $875.
* 2200 block Perryman Road: Gablers Restaurant, theft of food items. Value $619.