Aberdeen man charged in stabbing of two brothers


An Aberdeen man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder after allegedly attacking two brothers, one of whom tried to save the other from being beaten.

Craigg "Chicken" Wallace, 23, of the 1300 block of Philadelphia Blvd., also has been charged with two counts of carrying a deadly weapon with intent to injure in the July 20 attack.

Two other men are wanted on charges in the alleged attack, but have not been served arrest warrants, according to District Court records.

Mr. Wallace, who is being held on $50,000 bond at the county detention center, is scheduled for trial in Harford District Court Aug. 14. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Mr. Wallace and the other men are accused of stabbing Kevin Johnson, 36, of Havre de Grace, and his 42-year-old brother, James Johnson, also of Havre de Grace, records say.

The Johnsons were flown to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, where they were treated and released, a hospital spokesman said.

Havre de Grace police gave the following account of the attack in a report filed in District Court:

James Johnson was at a house in the 200 block of Wilson St., where a man and woman were

having a domestic argument. Mr. Johnson tried to break up the argument between the couple, but he was "physically and verbally attacked" by Mr. Wallace and another man, who also were at the house.

The victim fled to the Wilson Street home of his younger brother, Kevin Johnson. Mr. Wallace and the other men chased him to the house.

"James was frantically beating on his brother's door, screaming for help," the report says. "[Mr. Johnson] emerged from his residence and was immediately attacked by Craigg Wallace," who cut his chin with a knife.

Kevin Johnson told police he saw his brother lying unconscious on the ground, being beaten and kicked by the men.

"[Kevin Johnson] went to his brother's aid, and it was at this time he was attacked again . . .and stabbed three times in the upper chest," police said.

Investigators found a knife believed to have been used in the incident about 20 feet from the site of the attack. The report does not say what kind of knife it is.

In December, a District Court judge dismissed an attempted murder charge against Mr. Wallace stemming from an unrelated incident.

Mr. Wallace was released from the county detention center last year after serving a four-year sentence for assault with intent to -- murder, court records show.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad