* MILWAUKEE BREWERS -- Announced the resignation of Jimmy Bank, traveling secretary.
* NEW YORK YANKEES -- Signed Buck Showalter, manager, to a three-year contract extention.
National League * ATLANTA BRAVES -- Placed Mike Bielecki, pitcher, on the day disabled list. Recalled Pete Smith, pitcher, from Richmond of the International League.
* LOS ANGELES DODGERS -- Acquired Mike Sodders, pitcher, to complete an earlier trade that sent Kal Daniels to the Chicago Cubs.
* NEW YORK METS -- Acquired Scott Bradley, catcher, from the Cincinnati Reds for a player to be named later, and assigned Bradley to Tidewater of the International League.
* PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES -- Designated Barry Jones, pitcher, for assignment. Recalled Cliff Brantley, Ben Rivera and Jay Baller, pitchers, from Scranton-Wilkes-Barre of the International League. Optioned Mike Williams and Wally Ritchie, pitchers, to Scranton-Wilkes-Barre.
Arizona Fall League * AFL -- Named Dusty Baker manager of Scottsdale; Jerry Royster manager of Sun City; Roy Majtyka manager of Chandler; Scott Ullger manager of Phoenix Municipal; Grady Little manager of Phoenix Grand Canyon, and Bob Didier manager of Tucson.
National Basketball Association * BOSTON CELTICS -- Signed Chris Ford, coach, to a multiyear contract extension.
* PHILADELPHIA 76ERS -- Named Mike Abdenour trainer.
* PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS -- Signed Rick Adelman, coach, to a contract extension through the 1994-95 season with an option
Continental Basketball Association N
* RAPID CITY THRILLERS -- Signed Ron Matthias, forward.
National Football League * ATLANTA FALCONS -- Signed Keith Jones, running back, to a one-year contract.
* BUFFALO BILLS -- Agreed to terms with Kenneth Davis, running back.
* KANSAS CITY CHIEFS -- Signed Robb Thomas, wide receiver.
* NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -- Agreed to terms with Eugene Chung, offensive tackle.
* NEW YORK GIANTS -- Signed Derek Brown, tight end.
* NEW YORK JETS -- Agreed to terms with Troy Taylor, quarterback, on a one-year contract.
* PITTSBURGH STEELERS -- Announced that Shawn Vincent, cornerback, left camp.
National Hockey League * NEW YORK RANGERS -- Signed Corey Hirsch, goaltender, to a multiyear contract.
* OTTAWA SENATORS -- Announced the resignation of Jim Durrell, president.
* TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING -- Signed Jock Callander, right wing; Jason Lafreniere, center; Stephane Richer, defenseman, and Mike Greenlay, goaltender.
* VANCOUVER CANUCKS -- Named George McPhee director of hockey operations; Mike Penny, director of player personnel, and Jack Birch, scout. Signed Jiri Slegr and Jassen Cullimore, defensemen.
HORSE RACING * NEW YORK STATE RACING AND WAGERING BOARD -- Suspended William Wright, trainer, indefinitely for testing positive for cocaine use on July 15, 1992.