THB, Banditos, Wayward and more confirmed for Cosmic Cocktail!

Becoming a park ranger


The State Forest and Park Service welcomes those interested in being volunteer park rangers. You must be age 18 or over, willing to work in a park for 40 hours before being considered for the title of volunteer ranger. Responsibilities include answering public inquiries, working at festivals and special events and assisting with other park programs. Training and uniforms will be provided. Call (410) 974-3771.

Investing in Our Children, a prenatal outreach program for the Park Heights community, wants volunteers to contact, visit and share health, resource and parenting information to the women in the community. Call Linda Turner or Yvette McEachern at (410) 225-5824.

Pikesville Senior Center wants volunteers for the Home Team program, which enables lonely, isolated or homebound older people to remain independent. Call Janet Ben-Natan, (410) 887-1245.

CASA of Baltimore (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children) wants volunteers as supporters and advocates for abused, neglected or abandoned children, to help them through the court process. Call Sharon Duncan-Jones, (410) 328-7367.

Maryland Lupus Foundation seeks volunteers for help which includes office work, fund-raising and support group meetings held in several locations. Call Mary Guidara, 337-9000.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad