Harford driver dies in crash with busA...


Harford driver dies in crash with bus

A Conowingo woman died yesterday after her car collided with a school bus carrying 10 handicapped children.

Okye Young Bliss, 49, of the 700 block of Old Conowingo Road was flown by state police MedEvac to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center where she died at 10:10 a.m.

Neither the bus driver nor the students, all of whom wore seat belts, were injured in the morning accident at Route 155 and Route 161, according to the Harford County Sheriff's Office.

The children were being transported from Havre de Grace to classes at John Archer School in Bel Air when the accident occurred just before 9 a.m.

Mrs. Bliss had been southbound on Route 161 and failed to yield at Route 155, police said. The bus struck her car on the driver's side.

Sheriff's lieutenant charged in accident


A lieutenant in the Harford County Sheriff's Office was suspended from his job yesterday and charged with driving while intoxicated in connection with a hit-and-run accident Monday in Jarrettsville.

The Sheriff's Office is conducting an investigation into the accident involving Lt. James Isennock, a 25-year veteran of the department.

Police said a red Toyota pickup allegedly driven by Lieutenant Isennock, 56, crashed into a 1989 Pontiac about 4:15 p.m. at Route 23 and Morse Road. Neither driver was injured.

Lieutenant Isennock, off duty at the time, was stopped by police less than a half-mile away. He also was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and released on his own recognizance.

The Forest Hill resident supervises fleet assignments, maintenance, supplies, evidence and property at the Sheriff's Office.

2 charged in robbery after standoff ends


An all-night standoff following a robbery at a Pimlico supermarket ended yesterday morning when two heavily armed men surrendered to police.

Both were charged with assault, robbery and weapons charges and were being held at the Northwestern District station, police said.

Another suspect, who had tried to flee before the standoff, was arrested outside the Super Pride food market in the 3700 block of W. Belvedere Ave. and similarly charged.

A court commissioner ordered Kenneth Kevin Talley, 24, of no known address, and his brother, Matthew Talley, 26, of the 4800 block of Park Heights Ave., each held on $350,000 bail each. Gary Milan McClone, 26, of the 5300 block of Beaufort Ave., was held on $500,000 bail. Bail review hearings were set for today in Wabash District Court.

A fourth man, believed to be carrying a shotgun, escaped after the robbery attempt was detected Monday night, and he remains at large.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad