Early bird tickets for Baltimore’s BEST party on sale now!

Camp Fire Council needs outdoor help


Camp Fire Boys and Girls Chesapeake Council wants volunteers of all ages to assist with programs such as the camp in Harford County, to mark trails and rake leaves plus more. Call Sabree K. Akinyele, (410) 462-4100.

Baltimore County Department of Social Services is recruiting volunteers to serve as Parent Aide Volunteers to help parents and children. Training and supervision will be provided. Call Ann Abramson, (410) 887-3134.

Maryland School for the Blind wants volunteers for many school programs, aides to drivers and clerical assistants. Call John Scarborough, 444-5000.

LEC (Leisure, Education and Culture), a non-profit student exchange agency, needs host homes for four weeks in July for 35 of 81 students between the ages of 13 and 19 who are coming to Baltimore from France. The students speak English, have their own spending money, plus medical, dental and liability insurance. Call Tracy Hill, (410) 256-1608 or (800) 321-6376.

Chase-Brexton Clinic provides primary care to those living with HIV and AIDS. Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks, including receptionist, nurse, physician, counselor, work on the newsletter, fund-raising and special events. A patient advocacy program is being planned. Call Christopher Morrison, 837-2050.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad