11-year-old is raped at home Sister, 7, is victim of rape attempt,police say. Mom's friend is charged.


A 36-year-old man sexually assaulted two young girls and stabbed one of them after breaking into their East Baltimore home last night, city police say.

Eastern District police said the girls were in the Edison Highway home alone at the time of the attack. Their mother, a correctional officer at the Maryland House of Correction in Jessup, was in a nearby tavern, police said.

The assailant, who police said knew the girls and the mother, was identified as David Pierce of the 1400 block of N. Decker Ave. He was charged with one count of attempted murder, rape of an 11-year-old, attempted rape of a 7-year-old, burglary and sex offenses.

He was being held today at the Eastern District lockup pending a bail review hearing.

Police said Pierce had served time at the Jessup prison for other sex offenses.

Both victims were in good condition today at Johns Hopkins Hospital's pediatric intensive care unit.

Investigators could not say how long the children were home alone.

Police said Pierce went to the correctional officer's home about 10 p.m. to see to the woman.

The girls would not let Pierce in the house, police said, so the man kicked in the door.

The man allegedly dragged the girls to the basement, where he raped the 11-year-old and stabbed her in the chest several times with a knife. He bit her severely in the face and right arm, police said.

The man also forced the 7-year-old to perform a sex act on him, police said.

At some point, the 7-year-old escaped, ran outside and flagged down a motorist, who called police, investigators said.

The assailant had fled by the time police arrived. Officers called an ambulance that transported the girls to the hospital.

Pierce was arrested a short time later at his home.

Police said today that Pierce recently had been released from the Jessup prison. He had served at least 10 years there.

Details of his imprisonment were not available.

Police added that Pierce and the girls' mother had known each other since childhood. The girls told police Pierce had been to their home before.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad