If Memorial Day weekend didn't offer enough play time, try a fire department carnival, under way in both Union Bridge and Gamber.
Both carnivals run nightly through Saturday, and feature games, rides, music, food and more.
The Union Bridge Fire Hall ground is at Locust and Whyte streets. Information: 775-7422.
Gamber's carnival ground is on Route 32 at Niner Road. Information: 795-3445.
* Besides the carnivals, this weekend offers strawberries, a Roaring '20s festival, Victorian tea, a walk and music.
St. Luke's (Winter's) Lutheran Church, 701 Green Valley Road, New Windsor, offers an old-fashioned Strawberry Festival featuring platters, nickel Cokes, 25-cent hot dogs and music by the William F. Myers band
from 2 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
Activities include a cake walk, children's games and rides. Information: 635-6177.
* Or you can trot over to Linganore Winecellars for a Roaring '20s the Vineyard Festival from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Southern Comfort Band provides the sounds. Try the pit beef and ham, arts, crafts, clowns and rides, tours and tastings from the vineyard.
Admission is free, but there is a $6 parking fee. The vineyard is at 13601 Glissans Mill Road, Mount Airy. Information:
* Go back even further in time as the Carroll County Farm Museum pours tea in the old-fashioned rose garden 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Victorian-clad ladies will serve cucumber sandwiches and confections. And you also can play croquet on the lawn and go shopping in the general store.
The Farm Museum, 500 S. Center St., Westminster, is open noon to 5 p.m. Admission is $3 for adults and $2 for children; tea attendees pay $1 more, and reservations are requested.
* If music's your thing, stop in and listen at Cranberry Square Shopping Center's free outdoor concert 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday as Wherligig presents English and Irish folk tunes.
The shopping center is at Route 140 and Center Street, Westminster. Information: 833-5511.
* Spend the evening at the Carroll County Arts Council's monthly Coffee House, a diverse acoustic program, at 8 p.m. Saturday at Winchester Exchange, 15 E. Main St., Westminster.
Admission is $4. Information: 848-7272.
Need some exercise?
Start Saturday early at the Piedmont Pacers' fifth annual volksmarch 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Union Mills on Littlestown Pike.
A tournament of rings honors jousting at noon. Information: 848-9084.
* The Carroll Promenaders offer more exercise at their Appreciation Square Dance at 6 p.m. Sunday at North Carroll High School, 3801 Hampstead-Mexico Road, Hampstead.
Dance to calls at $5 a couple or $2.50 for singles. Information: 876-3762.