Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital's promotion of its centennial celebration was named best in the show at the Maryland Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America awards banquet last week. The entry also won in the special events and observances category.
Other categories and winners were:
* Community relations -- "Senior Housepitality" by Gray Kirk/VanSant
* Institutional programs -- "Hardee's Tree-Mendous Program" by John H. Snyder Assoc. Inc.
* Public service -- "Discover Maps! Explore America!" by Adams Sandler Inc.
* Public affairs -- "Winning Regulators' Approval for a New Heart Program" by Adams Sandler Inc.
* Marketing communications -- "ENVIRACAIRE Portable Air Cleaner Introduction" by David Kirby/Frank, Freeman & Mathai Inc.
* Crisis communication -- "Communicating a Workforce Reduction" by Westinghouse Electronics Systems Group.
* Internal communications -- "Ryland Connection" by the Ryland Group.
* Investor relations -- "IPO: First Financial Corp. of Western Maryland" by Adams Sandler Inc.
* Development or fund raising -- "Private College, Public Good" by Adams Sandler Inc.
* Pro bono program -- "Orchestrating Publicity for a Young Arts Organization" by Adams Sandler Inc.
* Newsletter -- "Street Talk" by Downtown Partnership
* Promotional piece -- "International portfolio" by Image Dynamics Inc. and "Hechinger Gizmo" by Gray Kirk/VanSant.
* Annual report -- "BG&E; 1991 Annual Report" by Baltimore Gas & Electric Co.
* Pro bono single piece -- "We're Building a New HOME for Thousands of Marylanders" by Adams Sandler Inc.