Family Center Workshops
The Family Center Workshops are open to active-duty military, military retirees and their families.
* May 11 -- Consumer Credit Counseling Service, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
* May 14 -- Information and Vocational Counseling for the Disabled Veteran. 8 a.m. to noon. Representative from the Department of Veterans Affairs offers information on the services offered and eligibility criteria.
* May 18 -- Veterans Affairs representative will answer questions about benefits, including home loans, education, compensation, burial, life insurance and health care, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* May 19-20 -- two-day newcomers' orientation, 9 a.m.
* May 26 -- Leo Weigant, family services center counselor, presents a talk "Becoming New Parents and How it Affects the Marriage," 6:30 p.m.
* May 28 -- Information and Vocational Counseling for the Disabled Veteran. 8 a.m. to noon. Includes "Interviewing Techniques," focusing on techniques that help with a job search, 9 to 11:30 a.m.