BASEBALL American League
* CHICAGO WHITE SOX -- Placed Carlton Fisk, catcher, on the 15-day disabled list.
* CLEVELAND INDIANS -- Placed Joel Skinner, catcher; Jim Thome, third baseman; and Reggie Jefferson, first baseman, on the 15-day disabled list. Signed Ted Power, pitcher, to a one-year contract.
* KANSAS CITY ROYALS -- Sent Kevin Koslofski, outfielder; Rico Rossy and Luis Media, infielders; and Tim Spehr, catcher, to their minor league camp for reassignment.
* SEATTLE MARINERS -- Returned Donnie Elliott, pitcher, to the Philadelphia Phillies by sending him outright to Scranton-Wilkes-Barre of the International League.
* TEXAS RANGERS -- Placed John Barfield and Hector Fajardo, pitchers, and Bill Haselman, catcher, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 28.
* ATLANTA BRAVES -- Optioned Mark Wohlers, pitcher, and Keith Mitchell, outfielder, to Richmond of the International League. Sent Randy St. Claire, pitcher, to their minor league camp for reassignment. Waived Mike Heath, catcher, for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release.
* CHICAGO CUBS -- Placed Jerome Walton, outfielder, on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 28. Traded Ty Griffin, infielder, to the Cincinnati Reds for Scott Bryant, outfielder. Assigned Bryant; Lance Dickson, pitcher; and Derrick May, outfielder, to Iowa of the American Association. Sent Jeff Robinson, pitcher, to their minor league camp for reassignment.
* CINCINNATI REDS -- Assigned Ty Griffin, infielder, to Chattanooga of the Southern League.
* MONTREAL EXPOS -- Optioned Brian Barnes, pitcher, to Indianapolis of the American Association.
* ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -- Placed Scott Terry, pitcher, on the 15-day disabled list.
BASKETBALL National Basketball Association
* SAN ANTONIO SPURS -- Activated Willie Anderson, guard, from the injured list. Placed David Robinson, center, on the injured list.
Continental Basketball Association
* BIRMINGHAM BANDITS -- Announced that Tom Maloney, general manager, has resigned to take a similar position with the Ottawa Lynx of the American Association.
World Basketball League
* DAYTON WINGS -- Named Dan Ragland assistant coach. Acquired the rights to Johnnie Hilliard, guard, from the Saskatchewan Storm for Rick Calloway, forward.
FOOTBALL National Football League
* ATLANTA FALCONS -- Signed Drew Hill, wide receiver, to a one-year contract.
* DENVER BRONCOS -- Signed Steve Pelluer, quarterback, and Robert Awalt, tight end.
* GREEN BAY PACKERS -- Signed Lewis Billups, cornerback.
6* LOS ANGELES RAMS -- Signed Jim Skow, defensive end.
* MIAMI DOLPHINS -- Signed Brian Jones, linebacker.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -- Signed Keith Taylor, safety, and Paul Jetton, offensive lineman.
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES -- Signed Guy Bingham, center; Floyd Dixon, wide receiver; Eric Floyd, offensive lineman; and Don Overton, running back.
* PHOENIX CARDINALS -- Signed Pat Eilers, safety.
PITTSBURGH STEELERS -- Signed Stan Clayton, offensive lineman, and Matt Jaworski and Stan Smagala, safeties.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS -- Signed Marc Logan, running back; Odessa Turner, wide receiver; and Manny Hendrix, cornerback.
Canadian Football League HAMILTON TIGER-CATS -- Named John Bonk offensive line coach. Signed Rick Henderson, offensive lineman, and Andrew Fairbairn, wide receiver.
* BARCELONA DRAGONS -- Released Jerry Evans, tight end.
BIRMINGHAM FIRE -- Released Keith Friberg, defensive end, and Barry Johnson, wide receiver.
MONTREAL MACHINE -- Activated James Lott, cornerback, from injured reserve.
NEW YORK-NEW JERSEY KNIGHTS -- Released Arthur Jimerson, linebacker.
* ORLANDO THUNDER -- Activated Kevin Guidry, cornerback, and Terry Rocker, defensive end.
* SAN ANTONIO RIDERS -- Released Cisco Richard, running back.
HOCKEY National Hockey League
* BUFFALO SABRES -- Assigned Keith Carney and Bill Houlder, defensemen; Tom Draper, goaltender; and Bob Corkum, forward, to Rochester of the American Hockey League.
* NEW JERSEY DEVILS -- Sent Jarrod Skalde, center; Bill Guerin, right wing; and Doug Dadswell, goalie, to Utica of the American Hockey League. Returned Martin Brodeur, goalie, to St. Hyacinthe of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
* NEW YORK RANGERS -- Assigned Doug Weight, center, to Binghamton of the American Hockey League.
* PHILADELPHIA FLYERS -- Reassigned Al Conroy, Mark Freer and Dale Kushner, forwards, to the Hershey of the American Hockey League.
* USA BASKETBALL -- Named Willis Reed the NBA appointment to the USA Basketball Games Committee for Men.
SOCCER National Professional Soccer League
* MILWAUKEE WAVE -- Announced the resignation of Johan Aarnio, coach, effective immediately.
* EAST TENNESSEE STATE -- Promoted Ronny Feldham, assistant football coach, to offensive coordinator.
* FORDHAM -- Named Kevin Naughton offensive line coach; Bob Baker offensive backfield coach; Craig Jones graduate assistant, and Frank D'Alessio part-time assistant coach. Promoted Steff Kruck, quarterbacks-receivers coach, to offensive coordinator.
* SOUTHWESTERN -- Announced the resignation of Charlie Cowdrey, football coach, to become offensive coordinator at Morningside College.
* ST. LOUIS -- Announced the resignation of Rich Grawer, men's basketball coach.
* UCLA -- Extended the contract of Billie Moore, women's basketball coach, for three years.
* VILLANOVA -- Announced that Rollie Massimino, men's basketball coach, has resigned to accept the same position at UNLV.
* WESTERN NEW MEXICO -- Named Dick Drangmeister men's basketball coach.