Five county men have been indicted on automobile manslaughter charges in unrelated fatal traffic accidents between September and Novemberof last year.
A county grand jury also indicted Monday a man accused in a string of armed robberies after an escape last September anda man accused of twice breaking into an elderly woman's home and sexually assaulting her.
Indicted on charges of automobile manslaughter were:
* Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Henry Martin Davidson III, 21, of the 1200 block Graff Court, Annapolis. Davidson also is charged with drunken driving and speeding in a Sept. 29, 1991 accident that killed Dorothy Cronin, 74, of the 1700 block Bay Ridge Ave., said William D. Roessler, adeputy state's attorney.
Roessler said Cronin was crossing Bay Ridge Avenue near her home when she was struck by Davidson's 1991 Ford Escort. He said tests showed Davidson had a blood alcohol content of .10 percent -- the legal limit for driving while intoxicated.
* Kenneth James Campbell, 35, of the first block Silopanna Road, Annapolis. Campbell is also charged with drunken driving and driving without his headlights in a Nov. 20, 1991 accident that killed an Annapolis man, Roessler said.
Kevin Hicks, 41, of the 1700 block Belle Drive,was pronounced dead shortly after being struck by Campbell's 1976 Ford pickup truck while walking his dog at 8:40 p.m. along Forest Drive, Roessler said. Hicks' 4-month-old German shepherd puppy also was killed.
Roessler said Campbell had a blood alcohol level of .18 percent.
* John Elmer Moore, 44, of the 600 block Mayo Road, Glen Burnie. Moore is charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol in an Oct. 5, 1991 head-on crash on Crain Highway near Roosevelt Avenue, Roessler said. Wilma Utter, 80, of Jackson, Mich., a passenger in her granddaughter's car, died from injuries sustained after Moore's 1979 Ford van crossed the center line and struck their car, Roessler said.
* Gillen Clifford McKinney, 40, of the 7900 block Crowns Way, Glen Burnie. McKinney, who had a blood alcohol level of .16 percent, also was charged with drunken driving and passing on the right ina Nov. 22, 1991 accident on Annapolis Road near Rae Road in Jessup.
After passing a car on the shoulder, Roessler said, McKinney triedto pull back into the traffic lane, crossed the center line and ran into a 1988 Honda driven by U.S. Army Sgt. Osvaldo Rosa, 29, of Columbia. Rosa was killed in the accident.
* Alvin Edward Coates, 31, of Mayo. Coates, who had a blood alcohol level of .10 percent, also was charged with drunken driving and failing to stay right of the center line in a Nov. 17, 1991 head-on collision on Muddy Creek Road in Harwood, Roessler said. Michelle Lee Levelle, 18, of the 5300 block of Sudley Road in Harwood, died in that crash.
In other action, the grand jury handed down nine identical 10-count indictments against Anthony Freeland, 21, of the 1700 block Richfield Drive in Severn. Freeland, who escaped last Sept. 3 from a private security vehicle as it arrived at the District Court to deliver prisoners, is charged in eight armed robberies between Sept. 30, 1991 and Nov. 10, 1991, the day he was captured. He also was indicted in a May 1989 armed robbery.
William Anthony Burgess, 34, of the 100 block Linden Ave. in Glen Burnie, was indicted for burglary and sexual offenses in a series of break-ins and attacks against a 76-year-old Ferndale woman.