BASEBALL American League * Orioles -- Agreed to terms with Gregg Olson (pitcher) on a two-year contract.
* Kansas City Royals -- Agreed to terms with Wally Joyner (first baseman) on a one-year contract.
* Milwaukee Brewers -- Named Thomas Gausden director of player negotiations.
* Oakland Athletics -- Named Doug Rader hitting instructor.
National League * Atlanta Braves -- Waived Jeff Parrett (pitcher) for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release.
* Chicago Cubs -- Agreed to terms with Paul Assenmacher (pitcher) on a three-year contract. Designated Yorkis Perez (pitcher) for assignment.
* Cincinnati Reds -- Acquired Craig Pueschner (outfielder) from the San Diego Padres as the player to be named later in the Randy Myers-Bip Roberts trade.
* Colorado Rockies -- Announced a one-year agreement with Bend, Ore. as its Class A farm team.
* Houston Astros -- Announced the resignation Pat O'Conner (director of Florida operations).
* Montreal Expos -- Waived Nelson Santovenia (catcher) for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release. Named Phil Favia and Dennis Cardoza scouts.
* New York Mets -- Traded Blaine Beatty (pitcher) to the Montreal Expos for Jeff Barry (outfielder).
* Philadelphia Phillies -- Agreed to terms with Danny Cox (pitcher) on a minor-league contract.
* Pittsburgh Pirates -- Signed Stan Fisher (pitcher) to a minor-league contract.
* San Francisco Giants -- Waived Rick Parker (outfielder) for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release.
BASKETBALL (NBA) * Charlotte Hornets -- Signed Elliot Perry (guard). Waived Greg Grant (guard).
HOCKEY (NHL) * Los Angeles Kings -- Assigned Bob Berg (left wing) from Phoenix ofthe International Hockey League to Richmond of the East CoastHockey League.
COLLEGE * Arkansas State -- Fired Al Kincaid (football coach).
* Clemson -- Signed Ken Hatfield (football coach) to a five-year contract.
* Rider -- Announced the resignation of Dan Weber (director of sports media relations).