BASKETBALL (NBA) * League -- Suspended Greg Kite (Orlando Magic center) for two games without pay and fined him $7,500, and Rony Seikaly (Miami Heat center) one game without pay and fined him $5,000, for their roles in a fight in a game on Nov. 30. Fined Scott Skiles, Terry Catledge, Mark Acres and Morlon Wiley (Orlando players) and Steve Smith and Willie Burton (Miami players) $500 each for
leaving the bench during the fight.
* Philadelphia 76ers -- Placed Mitchell Wiggins (guard) on the injured list. Signed Michael Ansley (forward) to a 1-year contract.
* Cleveland Browns -- Announced the retirement of Danny Peebles (wide receiver-kick returner).
* Phoenix Cardinals -- Placed Tim McDonald (safety) on injured reserve. Signed Richard Fain (safety). Activated Joe Wolf (guard) from injured reserve. Re-signed Mike Nord (tackle) to the practice squad.
* Pittsburgh Steelers -- Signed Steve Avery (running back) to their practice squad.
* New York Rangers -- Recalled Boris Rousson (goaltender), Shaun Sabol (defenseman), Mark Janssens and Brian McReynolds (centers), Steven King (right wing) and Ric Bennett (left wing) from Binghamton of the AHL.
* San Diego State -- Extended the contract of Al Luginbill football coach) through 1996.
* Tulane -- Named Buddy Teevens football coach.