BASEBALL (AL) * Orioles -- Named Jerry Narron manager, and Steve Luebber pitching coach, of Rochester of the International League. Named Don Buford manager of Hagerstown of the Eastern League. Signed Eric Hetzel (pitcher) and Todd Pratt (catcher). Purchased the contracts of Richie Lewis (pitcher) and Ricky Gutierrez (infielder) from Rochester of the American Assoication; Mike Oquist (pitcher) and Manny Alexander (infielder) from Hagerstown of the Eastern League; and Brad Pennington (pitcher) from Frederick of the Carolina League. Waived Jeff Robinson and Brian DuBois (pitchers) for the purpose if giving them their unconditional release.
* New York Yankees -- Named Ron Hassey advance scout.
* Seattle Supersonics -- Activated Quintin Dailey (guard) from the injured list. Placed Shawn Kemp (forward) on the injured list.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Cincinnati Bengals -- Placed Paul Jetton (offensive lineman) on injured reserve.
* Cleveland Browns -- Waived Joe King (defensive back). Signed Randy Baldwin (running back). Placed Anthony Blaylock (cornerback) on injured reserve.
* Houston Oilers -- Placed Lee Williams (defensive lineman) on the practice squad.
* Los Angeles Rams -- Placed Bill Hawkins (defensive end) on injured reserve. Waived Chris Pike (defensive tackle). Signed David Rocker (defensive tackle) from the Houston practice squad, and placed him on the active roster. Signed Tom Gibson (defensive lineman).
* New York Jets -- Waived John Galvin (linebacker). Placed Freeman McNeil (running back) on the practice squad.
* Philadelphia Eagles -- Placed Ben Smith (cornerback) on injured reserve. Signed Bruce Plummer (defensive back).
* Phoenix Cardinals -- Waived Chris Oldham (cornerback) and Scott Evans (linebacker). Signed Jock Jones (linebacker).
* San Diego Chargers -- Signed Mark Walczak (tight end). Signed Charles Arbuckle (tight end) to the practice squad.
HOCKEY (NHL) * Hartford Whalers -- Traded Kevin Dineen (right wing) to the Philadelphia Flyers for Murray Craven (left wing) and an undisclosed 1992 draft pick. Traded Lee Norwood (defenseman) to the St. Louis Blues for an undisclosed 1993 draft pick. Assigned Paul Cyr (left wing) to Springfield of the American Hockey League.