Twins are AL choice ...By a narrow...


Twins are AL choice ...

By a narrow margin, respondents to "It's Your Call" said the Minnesota Twins will win the American League Championship Series.

The AL West representatives got 154 of the 274 votes cast (56 percent), before sewing up their 5-4 win in Game One last night. The remaining 44 percent said the Toronto Blue Jays would win the series.

... but how about NL?

Is it better for a team to be hot or rested going into the playoffs? Hungry or experienced? These are some of the questions that surround the matchup of the hot, hungry Atlanta Braves and the rested, experienced Pittsburgh Pirates, who open their National League Championship Series tonight.

Who will prevail? We'd like to know what you think.

To register your opinion, call SUNDIAL at 783-1800 (or 268-7736 in Anne Arundel County) today through midnight. After you hear the greeting, you'll be asked to punch in a four-digit code on your touch-tone phone. Punch 4600 and you'll be connected with "It's Your Call," The Evening Sun's phone survey on topical issues.

Look for the results in tomorrow's Evening Sun.

Copyright © 2021, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad