The Department of Natural Resources has sent its proposed dates and bag limits for the 1991-92 waterfowl seasons to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for approval and regulatory enactment.
The USFWS is expected to sanction the proposals without change.
The proposal asks for a Canada goose season of 59 days with a bag limit of one goose per day during the first 18 days of the season and two geese per day over the remaining 41 days.
* Canada geese -- Nov. 12-29 and Dec. 9-Jan. 18.
* Snow geese -- Oct. 25-Nov. 29 and Dec. 2-Feb. 10, with daily limits of four and possession limits of eight.
* Brant -- Nov. 21-29 and Dec. 9-Jan. 18, with daily limit of two and possession limit of four.
* Ducks (except black ducks) -- Oct. 18-19, Nov. 28-29, Dec. 10-Jan. 4, with three ducks per day, which may include no more than one hen mallard, one pintail, two wood ducks, one redhead, one fulvous tree duck and one black duck during black duck season. Mergansers have a daily limit of five, only one of which may be hooded. Coots have a daily bag limit of 15. Coots and mergansers are in addition to daily duck limits.
* Black duck -- Nov. 28-29, Dec. 10-Jan. 4.
* Sea ducks -- Oct. 11-Jan. 20, with daily bag limit of five and possession limit of 10.
* The cooperative wildlife management area hunting program for Baltimore and Carroll counties has new hours this year. Permits and reservations will be available through Sept. 30, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
From Oct. 1 through Jan. 31, the hours will be 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The permit office will be closed on all state holidays.
Questions about this program should be directed to the Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office, 3740 Gwynnbrook Ave., Owings Mills, Md. 21117, 356-9272.
* Hunting permits and reservations for the canal lands and Earleville Wildlife Management Area will be available through Nov. 14 from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. from the Millington Wildlife Management Area in Kent County, Route 1, Box 552, Bozy Robinson Work Center, Massey, Md. 21650, (301) 928-3650.
From Nov. 15 through Jan. 31, permits and reservations will be available from one hour before legal shooting time to one hour after legal shooting time.
* Trapping leases are available for the following wildlife management areas controlled by Maryland -- Deal Island, South Marsh Island, Fairmont, Cedar Island, Wellington, Maryland Marine Property, Pocomoke Sound, Pocomoke River, Hickory Point Cypress Swamp, E.A. Vaughn, Isle of Wight, Johnson, Ellis Bay, Taylor's Island, Fishing Bay and Idylwild.
Bid applications, including maps of areas, can be obtained from the DNR Salisbury Regional Service Center or at the LeCompte [(301) 376-3236] or the Wellington district wildlife offices. Mailed applications must be received at the Salisbury Regional Service Center by Oct. 24. Bids may be delivered in person until 1 p.m. Oct. 25.
Bids should be mailed to: Trapping Bid, P. Douglas Wigfield, Regional Wildlife Manager, DNR Wildlife Division, 201 Baptist St., Suite 22, Salisbury, Md. 21801.
The following are changes in deer checking stations listed in the 1991-92 Guide to Hunting and Trapping in Maryland:
Deletions: Highway Grocery and Humberton's Scenic 40 Fruit Stand.
Additions: Mike's Amoco, Flintstone, 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days.
Anne Arundel County
Change: Fort Meade -- only deer taken on the military post may be checked here.
Addition: On Target, Route 175 and Ridge Road in Severn. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additions: C&C; Taxidermy, 2550 Bachman Valley Road and Route 30 in Manchester, hours variable with seasons. Fish Maryland Bait and Tackle, 1912 Liberty Road in Eldersburg, hours variable with the seasons.
Deletions: Earl's Mobil Service Center.
Additions: Tristate Blackpowder, Hunting and Fishing Supplies, 2314 Pulaski Highway, North East. Hours variable with the seasons.
Additions: Snows Turn Market, Race Street and Route 16, Cambridge, seven days, 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Stone House, on Route 336 near Wingate, 10 a.m. to midnight Monday-Saturday, 1 p.m. to midnight Sunday.
Additions: Reynolds Supply, 504 East Main Street, Emmitsburg, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Prince George's County
Additions: Buffalo Bill's, 12300 Croom Road, Upper Marlboro, seven days, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Deletions: Minute Stop.
Additions: Kings Creek Market, U.S. Route 13, Princess Anne, seven days, 6 a.m. to midnight.